well i have been playing guitar for about 2 years now and i made the mistake of getting a 150w spider 3 which i am trying to sell now so i can get a valve king .well since i am getting a new amp i decided it was time to get a new guitar and i came across this beautie.i have all ways like the sg and lp custom and this thing has all the things i like about the two.now i was woundering how well is this thing with distortion and is it any good for playing diferent styles of punk and ryhthm

heres a link to it.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-G-400-Electric-Guitar-104319645-i1371713.gc
sigh. does it really take a good guitar to play punk rock? i mean really, i think ****ty guitars were kind of integral to the genre.

it's a good guitar. You're username, avatar, and location, however, all lead me to believe it'd be a waste.
I did the same mistake with a Spider 2 but have upgraded when I got more experienced :P My G400 is still good though, I think they are great value for the money if you are into SG's. I actually like it more then my Gibson Explorer since im more into SG's. Only problem i have had so far is that the tuners are getting a little bad and might be needing an upgrade to keep in tune long enough for gigging.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by KnarkoV at May 15, 2008,
Quote by BluesLP1990
You're username, avatar, and location, however, all lead me to believe it'd be a waste.

Please don't start any sort of slander cause I'll report it.

That guitar would do fine for many genre's of music.
Alot of Pop-Punk Guitarists use SG's so you should be fine.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Depends. Are YOU good at playing punk and rhythm?

You can play anything on any guitar, emo boy.
Quote by BluesLP1990
sigh. does it really take a good guitar to play punk rock? i mean really, i think ****ty guitars were kind of integral to the genre.

it's a good guitar. You're username, avatar, and location, however, all lead me to believe it'd be a waste.

Way to be gracious and helpful there, Captain Messiah Complex.

Just because he is a young guitarist who appreciates mainstream punk rock ( something you disapprove of, apparently ) doesn't give you the right to talk down to this up-and-comming musician. Who are you to tell him what's worth it and what's not? Are you "better" because you don't like popular music?

For the record, I hate punk rock and almost all mainstream music. I can't stand the radio either and haven't listened for years. That doesn't mean I can't help a kid pick out a decent guitar without inflating my ego by telling him he will one day see the light and become more like myself. Time to grow up my friend.

To the TS: Go for it! the guitar will suite your style nicely, and will churn out the kind of sounds you're looking for if you pair it up with a respectable amp like the ValveKing. Good luck!
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Please don't start any sort of slander cause I'll report it.

That guitar would do fine for many genre's of music.
Alot of Pop-Punk Guitarists use SG's so you should be fine.

as steve vai said"no one has the right to say their noise is better then yours"

as for the sg lars from rancid uses a gibson one so it should be good for punk
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I have a g400 custom and it is quite neck-heavy, but deffinately a great guitar. will work for punk. i would have taken an lp standard over the g400 custom though.
Quote by emoboy666
well i have been playing guitar for about 2 years now and i made the mistake of getting a 150w spider 3 which i am trying to sell now so i can get a valve king .well since i am getting a new amp i decided it was time to get a new guitar and i came across this beautie.i have all ways like the sg and lp custom and this thing has all the things i like about the two.now i was woundering how well is this thing with distortion and is it any good for playing diferent styles of punk and ryhthm

heres a link to it.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-G-400-Electric-Guitar-104319645-i1371713.gc
go for it
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
It's a fine guitar for anything rock oriented, so punk works just fine. I don't like the pickups on it all that much, but I know many others like the sound of them. Additionally, the tonewoods and craftsmanship are good, so I say you'll be just fine with it.
Quote by Danno13
Depends. Are YOU good at playing punk and rhythm?

You can play anything on any guitar, emo boy.

everyone can be a good punk guitar player(not rythm however)
Quote by ironman1478
everyone can be a good punk guitar player(not rythm however)

not really, especially if you get into some 80s punk, some of it is rather difficult.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ok thanks guys i will hopefully get this in the next couple of months.i was thinking of possibly changing the pickups and i was wondering what kind would go good with this guitar.