Hello, new here, so I'm hoping this is the correct place for this.

I started playing guitar this January and turns out I have progressed rather rapidly, at least my peers would say so.

I cannot for the life of me get this part down.

G|--5-7-8--5-7-8--5-7-8--5-7-8--5-7-8--5-7-8--5-7-8--7-8---7-8----|
C|-0-0-0--0-0-0--8-8-8--5-5-5--0-0-0--0-0-0--8-8-8----------------|

That is rather jumbled up due to the formatting, but I'm sure most are familiar with what I'm referring to.

I cannot seem to get that pick in for the low c. I'm not sure if I'm picking this section wrong, or if I just need to practice it.

Currently, I am down picking it all, not sure if I should alternate between strings. I would love to see a demonstration on what works the best, if at all possible.
You'll need to alternate pick this.
I could find a video on YouTube, but just search Alternate Picking.

Or even search for the song live?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Yeah, it's easiest to alt pick that.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
OR inside. it might feel weird at first, but itll feel 'normal' after a while. i play this part with downstrokes though. havent played it in forever though man lol.
Good now you can work on not talking like a computer...
Ha ha, anyway start really really really slow. Altern picking is a MUST. Another good idea is to grab yourself a metronome, or use one online and slow it way down. Practice getting your timing down at the hella slow speed, and gradually pick it up.
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by uk.mace
try doing outside picking. that's down on the C-string and up on the G.

This method seems to work the best, thanks a lot.