So I'm going to be picking up my new PRS tommorow so today I figured I woud go buy some stuff so I'm all prepared when I get it. I was already planning on buying some polish, bunch of extra strings, some new cables, is there anything else I might need?

Someone told me to throw some silica packets in the hardshell case to protect against humidity. Is this common?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Ok, cool. Anything else I might need maintenance wise?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
As far as polish and fretboard cleaner goes, anyone have any suggestions?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

i use fastfret, its main function isnt a polish or cleaner but trust me, it works wonders. its pretty much lube for your strings but i also apply it to the front and back of the neck. it does make it shine and makes your strings last longer and feel nicer.

i sound like a fastfret salesman.......im not
Quote by Gigatiran
As far as polish and fretboard cleaner goes, anyone have any suggestions?

With polish, make sure it's a polish without any wax in it!

I don't know if you get Mr Sheen in the states but it's perfect
That's ok, if you're so passionate about it, it must be good, I'll try picking some up.

Why no wax?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Lemon oil... wipe on fboard at string change, umm some metal strap locks
Quote by Gigatiran
That's ok, if you're so passionate about it, it must be good, I'll try picking some up.

its not very exspensive and it lasts years so i advise it
ernie ball wonder wipes
the fretboard ones are great for a rosewood board
the polish ones are great for, well polishing of course
and i forget the other kind they make but im sure they are as good as the first two
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
GHS Guitar Gloss
GHS Fast Fret
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Gigatiran
Why no wax?

It will slowly build up a layer of wax on your guitar and may ruin the finish.