I have a Boss GT-6, and I'm needing a good amp head to run it through, preferably something with a rather flat or transparent tone. I like what I've gotten with my GT-6 and don't really want to muddy it up. I had originally considered a Crate Powerblock, as I hear it's great for that, but unfortunately it's discontinued now .

If you can find something around the same price range as the Powerblock (which was around $2-300 if I recall), that'll be great, but even if not, I still need to keep it fairly budget friendly. (Around $300 sounds about right, but I can go higher if that's just too low.)

Now before anyone starts, because I 've been here long enough to know what happens in these kind of threads: I don't give a **** what you think about modelers, I didn't ask for a tube amp or something with "better tone", I'm asking for a transparent, loud, and cheap amp head, nothing more.
you know you need a cab as well as a head, dont you?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
the Crate Powerblock is pretty much made for stuff like that. and I still see them all over the place.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You could try looking for a used Powerblock. Or you could look at something like a Fender Frontman - or even a keyboard amp. A used Peavey Valveking might be worth a shot too (112 combo).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you know you need a cab as well as a head, dont you?

Of course I know that. I'm not a complete dolt you know.

And I suppose if there's nothing else out there at all I can try my best to hunt down a powerblock.

@Fama: ah thanks, I'll keep an eye out.
Quote by WtrPlyr
I think your GT-6 works as the preamp, so you only have to buy a power amp, if i'm right?

More or less, now that I think about it. I always plug it into the effects loop so I suppose you're right.
Your a better man then me I tried for almost a year to get a workable eq out of that processor. Then it went out the door.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
Your a better man then me I tried for almost a year to get a workable eq out of that processor. Then it went out the door.

It'd surprise you how much it helps just to always set the output to Line-In/PA. I smacked myself when I realized what a difference it made :P.

Also, it helps not to use those bloody awful sounding amp models. I just leave it on Fender TWIN and use the stompbox models for distortion and everything sounds very nice.

Of course, excessive EQ tweaking also really, really helps.
^^^

I use a Studio 112

for now....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
a keyboard amp, or a generic power amp would be you best bet i think
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss