I've been playing my old Ibanez RG model for some time now and I feel it's time to switch things up a bit. I'm looking at the Hagstrom F-301 at the moment. I love the body shape and headstock but I am not familiar with the brand or the guitar itself. Let me know if it's a good guitar or if I should save my money for a different one. Thanks!
its a hagstrom need there be more said?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
its a hagstrom need there be more said?

Well actually, yes there is more to be said. I know nothing about Hagstrom. So any compare/contrast would be of use before I go spend money. How does it sound? What style of music is it geared for? Would I want to replace the pickups? What's the neck like etc etc etc. Any input on it would great.
apparently it has "THE THINNEST NECK IN THE UNIVERSE"
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
wellive only heard good things about them and the one your looking at is a sexy looking guitar also i rather like ebony fret boards, if you like what you see get it, but try to try it first
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
wellive only heard good things about them and the one your looking at is a sexy looking guitar also i rather like ebony fret boards, if you like what you see get it, but try to try it first

Yeah, I'm going out this weekend to try it out. I've been reading up on it and if it's as good as people make them out to be, I'd be stupid NOT to get it for the price. And yeah, I've read about the their thinnest, fastest neck claim. Funny, I though Ibanez laid claim to that years ago with the wizard neck series.
Check out the Ultralux series.... honest to God, the name stands for ultra luxurious......

the neck is SICK.... just awesome, and IMO a lot nicer looking than the F series.

the XL-5 is REALLY nice in flat black....one of the guys in the Hagstrom owners forum has one...

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/ultraluxseries.html
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The flat black one was mine and it's the only one I've seen like it. Usually you see the red flamed maple top, which also looks very nice.

I love mine though. Check out the Hagstrom owners thread, I'm going to post more pictures tonight. The neck IS really thin, but I really love the feel. I have also played the F-series and I really like them as well, and they are priced VERY nicely.

Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5
Epiphone SG Standard
Oscar Schmidt OG10CE Acoustic-Electric

60W Peavey Studio Pro 112

Boss TU-2 > Homebrew Electronics UFO > Dunlop Crybaby > Catalinbread Hyperpak > Digitech Bad Monkey > Behringer DD400
The Ultralux series just reminds me too much of my Ibanez RG. The thing I like about the F-301 is the body reminds me of a vintage Fender Mustang. Since those are few, far between, and expensive, I like this one the most so far. We'll see come saturday though when I go to get a feel for it.