Okay so I've been looking into trying to buy myself a half stack eventually, probably either a Peavey or if I can dish out the cash a Krank.

My problem however is that i wouldn't have enough money to buy a Cabinet with it right away; I want to know if theres a way to run an Amp head through the speakers in combo amp or if there is anyway to play through the amp without getting the cabinet right away.

I'm also open to any suggestions about Amp brands and I would really appreciate some opinions on Peavey and Krank; if I get a Krank I would buy the Revolution 120W Head and if I got a Peavey I would buy the 6505 plus.

As a new musician I'm it's really overwhelming when trying to decide on what kind of brand to decide on. For the record I'm mostly into Metal bands like Lamb of God, Trivium, The Black Daliah Murder, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, and several others.... basically I like really heavy music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I would go for the 6505 over the 6505+, I heard that the distortion is fizzier on the + version. You can't play the head through the combo unless it has a line-in and is capable of handling the wattage
i played a peavy valveking over a marshal cabinet. really cool set up. i liked it.
Quote by maiden_mexico
to me the distortion on peaveys sound like noise

Most distortion would involve noise, yes.
you can also look into the Carvin V3, it's a bit cheaper but can still achieve some nice high gain tones. It may even be cheap enough that you can buy the cab at the same time. You can only get them through the company themselves which lowers costs greatly. THey are at www.carvin.com.
For cabs I recomend www.avatarspeakers.com They will custom build you a cab with your choice of speakers (you can mix and match as well) your choice of color and your choice of grill all for less than a stock cab at the store, with really high quality.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Could the Carvin V3 really handle the kinds of music I'm into? I like very distorted sounds and just heaps of gain.
oh yes it can, check it out
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
yes you can play the head in to the speakers in your combo. just make a lead

make sure you match the impedance (ohms)
and if the speakers have a low wattage rating dont turn up too loud
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by Cerrus100
Could the Carvin V3 really handle the kinds of music I'm into? I like very distorted sounds and just heaps of gain.

If you are looking for heaps of gain, get the 6505. I have a 6505 head and run it through a Marshall 1936A 2x12 cab and it sounds killer. I like the distortion of the 6505 better than the 6505+.

Chris