Right first of all sry if this is not the right forum but i wasn't quite sure where it was applicable.

I've got a band practice in a couple of weeks (more of a jam session) and we've decided to play a bit of pink floyd. Now ordinarily we have a rythm guitarist so it wouldn't be a problem but we don't and we aren't likely to get one.

Now we wan't to play pink floyd money. I ordinarily just play the solo parts but i'm gonna have to pay the rythm aswell. This might be a good time to say "I'm the worlds worst rythm player".

Is it possible for someone to talk me through the Pink Floyd money rythm parts in a clear logical order in detail?

I've looked at the tabs but i'm no closer.

Regards,
Mad

(P.S. any rythm tips may help)
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
you gotta count 7/8 in your head until you get it down. when I learned this piece I counted 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 and then let the rest of the notes fall into place. It will take some time, I took to it quickly but I also play drums, so that helps.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Maybe put that off till another practice if you're having that much trouble.

You guys could play wish you were here fairly easily with one guitar, you just gotta be able to fill the parts between the solo, which isnt hard at all. I can tab it out for ya if you like, but I'm sure there are about 10 good ones up as it is
Just as an aside, I find it hard to believe that someone who considers their ability to play lead decent could be all that bad at rhythm. All you need to really do is count it out and stay in time. Hopefully there will be a drummer who can keep time well, which should really help you.

And don't forget that it's possible to play lead while conveying a chord progression. Nobody says that you have to play it exactly the same way that it is on the album, you can mess around with the guitar part to fit it to your style of guitar.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Cheers on the 7/8 count i'll give it ago.

Quote by Dm1027
Maybe put that off till another practice if you're having that much trouble.

You guys could play wish you were here fairly easily with one guitar, you just gotta be able to fill the parts between the solo, which isnt hard at all. I can tab it out for ya if you like, but I'm sure there are about 10 good ones up as it is

I've performed "wish you were here" live it's my favourite song but not as a band i did a slightly adapted solo piece.

And we have other songs so the band practice is on!

Quote by seedmole
Just as an aside, I find it hard to believe that someone who considers their ability to play lead decent could be all that bad at rhythm.

I've taken lessons for about 2 years and my teacher is a local Country/Folk artist so i learnt to play clasical guitar. I mainly learnt lots of finger picking etc. and never really learnt rythm if that makes sense. The money solo isn't that hard aswell and i wanted to play.

But i'll practice the 7/8 rythm.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S