i got my first ticket today for not stopping at stop sign, and tinted windows.

weak. anybody know how much of a fine that is?

ITT: stories of getting stopped by cops GO.
Quote by GHST
i got my first ticket today for not stopping at stop sign, and tinted windows.

weak. anybody know how much of a fine that is?

ITT: stories of getting stopped by cops GO.

stop at the signs laddie buck, it is necessary
myspace.com/crystalignition
i was in a hurry after taking my brother to the dentist and try to get him to school.

i was freaking out though, the cop even told me to calm down. but i don't blame anyone, it was my fault.
the cop probably should've told you how big the fine was.
and what % tint do you have on your windows?
Quote by BluesLP1990
the cop probably should've told you how big the fine was.
and what % tint do you have on your windows?

the tint isn't too dark, i'd say like, a medium tint, not too dark, but not light either.
the fine should be written on the ticket. At least in the 3 states I've been caught for speeding it was.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by GHST
the tint isn't too dark, i'd say like, a medium tint, not too dark, but not light either.

Oh nice, good description.
the moving violation is your own fault

but the tinted windows?
shall i dare ask where you purchased these "tinted windows" because i don't care where you're from, it is illegal to sell windows that aren't legal to have in your vehicle.

i honestly hope your windows crack and/or smash because you are a moron. the son of a moron may i correct.
What's the hate on the TS? Someone can just mistakely miss it.

EDIT:Tinted windows are illegal?
You're in San Diego, probably gonna be $100-$200 for the non-stop at the sign.
The tint will be a fix it ticket...if your driver side and passenger front windows are tinted at all its illegal in CA.

So you will likely have to have it taken off, then show to a cop and they'll sign it off and you pay like $10...not sure what the fine is if you don't remove the tint.

Since its your first ticket, you will be elligible to do traffic school, and in San Diego they'll let you do a super easy on-line course. You pay your fine plus fee to traffic school but the it wipes the ticket off your record so you're car insurance won't go up.
Quote by sunnysayshi
What's the hate on the TS? Someone can just mistakely miss it.

EDIT:Tinted windows are illegal?

past a certain percentage, yes.

and as well, by tinting your windows, voids your vehicle's warranty covering windows, so if your windshield gets cracked, OEM won't pay for it.
i know the description was ****ty, if i had a picture i'd post.

the tinting wasn't my idea though, my dad has had the windows tinted on almost every car we've owned. i knew one day i'd get pulled over someday because of it. thats why i roll with the windows down most of the time.

where did he get them done?....tijuana.

edit: the person who said it was illegal to tint the driver and passenger windows, that's the reason. i had to take them off for my driver's test, but it was my dad's awesome idea to retint them. /sarcasm
Last edited by GHST at May 15, 2008,
Quote by GHST
i know the description was ****ty, if i had a picture i'd post.

the tinting wasn't my idea though, my dad has had the windows tinted on almost every car we've owned. i knew one day i'd get pulled over someday because of it. thats why i roll with the windows down most of the time.

where did he get them done?....tijuana.

then if it has your father who had them tinted, make him pay for half the ticket or the part that is designated for the tinting fine.
and if you were aware that you'd get pulled over for the tint-job, why didn't you get fixed?
its not my car, its his. i really didn't have much of a say. and if i had said anything, he most likely wouldn't have listened anyways. thats just him.
Quote by djmay71
the moving violation is your own fault

but the tinted windows?
shall i dare ask where you purchased these "tinted windows" because i don't care where you're from, it is illegal to sell windows that aren't legal to have in your vehicle.

i honestly hope your windows crack and/or smash because you are a moron. the son of a moron may i correct.

Actually it's a film that is placed on the stock windows to make them darker, the window itself is not made of darker glass.

Edit: It's not illegal in all states. Some have a certain limit of how dark your windows can be, i'm not sure how they gage that though
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Last edited by ValoRhoads at May 15, 2008,
Quote by Dazzl1113
You're in San Diego, probably gonna be $100-$200 for the non-stop at the sign.
The tint will be a fix it ticket...if your driver side and passenger front windows are tinted at all its illegal in CA.

So you will likely have to have it taken off, then show to a cop and they'll sign it off and you pay like $10...not sure what the fine is if you don't remove the tint.

Since its your first ticket, you will be elligible to do traffic school, and in San Diego they'll let you do a super easy on-line course. You pay your fine plus fee to traffic school but the it wipes the ticket off your record so you're car insurance won't go up.

thanks for the information.
I very nearly got flashed by a speed camera the other day. I was doing 50 in a 30 zone lol.
Didn't see the camera but managed to slow down just im time.

Wow...how lame am i?