Hi, my echoplex tape delay is broken so i need to a buy a pedal who can imitate my tape delay. So i would like to know if the ibanez ad-9 would do this? If not, do you have some other suggestions? I was thinking about the line6 echo park but i read alot of bad review about this pedal. Thanks alot.
I will repair my echoplex soon but i want a pedal for live gig. The echoplex is so much fragile.
i think the ad-9 is a great pedal. very warm sounding and organic. if you dont need more than 1/3 a second of delay time, its great. if you do need more, maybe check out the maxon ad-999. same basic idea, just more delay time (and twice the price).
^they don't make echoplexes anymore, and haven't for several years, also it isn't a pedal. And I like the EHX memory man a lot more than the Maxon/Ibanez delays, though it costs more.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Damn, that sucks about your Echoplex. I love how they sound (along with the Space Echo, and the Binson Echorex), but I find that for live use tape delays can be a bit risky cuz of all the parts involved, and they don't seem to take heavy abuse well.

I'm looking at the MXR Carbon Copy myself, because it sounds really killer, has the "modulation effect" which kinda adds a cool vibe to it, has 600 ms delay time, is only 150, and is the size of a Phase 90. Guitar World also reviewed it recently, and they said it was one of the best delay pedals out there (comparing it to old tape echo units).
Quote by kyle62
I'd rather spend the money getting the tape delay fixed. But the Maxon is excellent, and the Carl Martin DeLayla ain't bad either.

The Maxon is literally the exact same as the AD-9, it might have a bit more delay time but that's it, seeing as how it's an AD-9 copy. I'd go with the AD-9, it's cheaper and it's really a great pedal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Hughes & Kettner Replex (I think that's their delay...), if you have lots of money to spend.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by tuwyci

Wow, that was amazing. Based on that demo alone, I'd say go for it.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Yay my echoplex is repair, but i still need a pedal for all the show. The guyaton look amazing i will try one. Thanks guys!
T.C. Electronic nova delay.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55