Which would be a better buy? It would mainly be for practice, and it should be able to do metal, pedals would be fine i guess. Would either be too loud for practice? How versatile is each one? Which would be better for all kinds of music but can also get really heavy and distorted?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at May 15, 2008,
Im pretty partial to the VK with a speaker swap and a tube swap.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by Geartrigger
Valveking is better suited towards versatility and metal.

Really? So what would the V33 be best suited for?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Crate is more classic rock. Vk is more modern/thrash.

VK with tube change and speaker change sounds like a mix of a mesa and a marshall. Sounds great for metallica and can get as hard as lamb of god. But it cant do really modern stuff like primarily it cant do 5150 bands.
if you can find the crate v32, (the black one) the previous discontinued model of the v33(the silver one), its sounds much better, which is why its probably more expensive
i did an a/b comparison of the v33 and v32 and v32 wins hands down

its has sparkling cleans and a lot of people say the gain structure is reminiscent of a marshall JCM800, but ive never really owned a JCM800 so i couldnt verify this for you

The V32 overall has a better tone than the valveking but the valve king has more gain on tap so it can do metal better

if you just want that metal tone than get a VK, but if you wanna do other genres and sound somewhat decent then i guess the v32 is a better choice
of course if you cant find a v32 than i guess you can go with the crappier alternative the v33
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...