Sorry to ask such a simple question, but could someone tab out an Ab diminished chord for me?

I've lost half of my music books / chord chart things over "quiet" the years and can't find it anywhere- and the UG chord lesson confuses me tried a search too but no luck

sorry for the boring question, TIA
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
http://www.8notes.com/guitar_chord_chart/Abdim.asp

this is what I found...so who knows....

EDIT:

I just looked at my poster and it shows what the dude above has....so thats probably correct.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Last edited by zorched at May 15, 2008,
Quote by BluesLP1990
-4-
-3-
-4-
-3-
---
---

someone's welcome to check me on that, but i think that's right

yer think thats right

If you know the intervals you could construct it yourself.

A dim. chord is just 1, b3, b5 and bb7.
Quote by Mikeysharkface
-4-
-3-
-4-
-3-
---
---
that is F diminished

-7-
-6-
-7-
-6-
---
---
that is Ab diminished

They are interchangeable. You can substitute Ab Dim for F dim or B dim or D dim. They contain the same notes. 4 different inversions.
yeah the one i posted was an inversion. but that doesn't really matter with diminished chords.
and Tallman, no disrespect but this guys asking for tab, not music theory, and the concept of a bb7th is usually enough to make just about anyone give up
Nope, he asked for an Ab dim chord.

Thats what he was given.

Just because the root isn't the lowest note doesn't mean its the wrong chord.
Why not just use question marks?

Simple answer? Both chords are valid. They have the same notes. They are just placed differently on the fretboard.
Wow, sorry for sparking a debate

I've jotted them down and i'll see which sounds best in the song- many thanks for the replies

When it comes to music theory i'm a complete numbass. I hope one day that i'll start learning some of this sort of stuff as i'm sure it will help no end with my progress. Just like branny on here, when he talks about theory it goes right over my head! I don't know any scales or time signatures even....... and as for reading music- not a clue. Bad stuff.

Thanks again for the replies all

EDIT> spellin'

U-G nooB

Last edited by Dan_Q at May 15, 2008,
because i forgot so meh

yea i know they have the same notes but maybe its just the way i think of it.
if i was asking for an Ab Dim i would expect an Ab Dim not an inversion
alright mikeysharkface, here, i'll clear this up. diminished chords and the diminished scale are pretty nifty things. they repeat every 3 frets and share tonics, so there are only 3 diminished scales that satisfy all tonics.
-4-
-3-
-4-
-3-
---
---

that is, more than anything else is just a diminished fingering pattern, the root note can be any of the four notes. if you want your tonic to be the lowest note, just find that note on the D string and anchor the chord there. For Ab that'd be 6th fret, fourth string, so just move that chord shape up three frets.
i've tried it, and they all sound right- how weird!

I use that one above ^^ for the sond as its nearest in the chord progression.

Many thanks and yes its made me realise that maybe I should start to learn some theory........

U-G nooB