I was just trying to find whose the fastest bassist out there...and one of the sites out there says...this guys is one of the fastest bassist ever...he's an Indian and his name is Jayen Varma. He can play 36 and above notes per second. He is a freelance bassist and has his own band called “Indian Epics”

Hot or not? [as in playing only...lol]

Fastest Bassist Video
Steve Harris.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
john myung maybe...the only one I really know that plays with all 4 fingers :P
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Not the fastest, but I don't see how Muse's bassist can play that Hysteria riff, for that whole song. I'm a guitarist, and I picked up a bass to try that, and its REALLY hard. ._.;;
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I believe the most mentioned will be something like Billy Sheehan, Juan Alderete and John Myung. And then the fast slappers like Victor Wooten or Bill Dickens.

Jaco could let it rip too sometimes. For example in Port of Entry by Weather Report.
Quote by Kai07
Not the fastest, but I don't see how Muse's bassist can play that Hysteria riff, for that whole song. I'm a guitarist, and I picked up a bass to try that, and its REALLY hard. ._.;;

Its not that hard...
All I can say about your curiosity:

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Kai07

hysteria not fast, look at stockholm syndrome and maybe butterflies and hurricanes
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I didn't know the guy in Satriani's band was so effin' good.

Can't wait to see those guys in action!!
bear in mind, measuring a guitarists/bassists overall skill on how fast they can play is like rating a footballer on how nice his beans on toast is.

and 36 notes a second? get real.
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
billy sheehan, steve harris.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
myung or wooten
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by SG-Jack
bear in mind, measuring a guitarists/bassists overall skill on how fast they can play is like rating a footballer on how nice his beans on toast is.

and 36 notes a second? get real.

So which footballers are good

I could use some beans on toast right now
Steve Digiorgio or however you spell his name. The bass player for Death on a couple albums and Control Denied
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
fastest bassist? why not best bassist. i dont care how fast if he can play, what if it doesnt sound particularly good, melodic, or soulful? like Malmsteen and Satriani
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
go here: to find out!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3