Hey guys I got a gig I'm organising coming up tomorrow, and I want 2 film it. Any of you know if a normal digital video camera would be ok quality-wise to film it? It quite a small venue, and i'm just going 2 email the bands' myspaces with the videos, so they don't need 2 b really proffesional, just listenable. u guys got any tips/anecdotes/random museings??? thx
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
I remember the first time someone sigged me. IT felt great. I was like wow... people actually think i'm funny. See here on the real world it doesn't work like that.
A frogs' perspective on life: time's fun when you're having flies.
Well the video will probably be dark. It'd be better if you could record sound and video separately.
I've filmed several gigs with just a handycam on a tripod back by the sound guy, and the audio ended up actually being pretty ok.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
It'll all depends on the camera, but expect poor lighting and bad sound quality from most cameras.
I see lots of normal digital camera recordings on myspaces. It's acceptable, and the band will be happy to see any recording, but don't expect to be paid for it or to have bands asking you to record for them any time soon.
Click on the link in my sig... its a link to our bebo with video of my band playing one of our songs in my kitchen. It was taken with a regular handheld video camera. Shud give u an idea... If You go onto my profile (im in the band members bit - Killian O'Connell) then there is a second video of us on my profile. That should help you decide... Altho having the crowd in the background screaming could screw things up
If you notice that the audio is distorting cause its too loud, put a light towel infront of the mic, that should help
record the sound from the board, then dub it over the video, not only will this have a much better audio quality, it will eliminate a lot of the audience noise, especially during the actual songs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thanks guys, will try these tips:-) also will probs post a thread w/ a link afterwards so pple can check it out if they want
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
I remember the first time someone sigged me. IT felt great. I was like wow... people actually think i'm funny. See here on the real world it doesn't work like that.
A frogs' perspective on life: time's fun when you're having flies.