Well I'm going to be going to a music shop sometime in the next few hours.

I'm going to be renting a wah pedal so I can practice with it to play and add in some stuff to the solo of Enter Sandman.

Any recommendations for a wah that would be good for a solo like this? I'm probably going to rent it for about a week so I can practice with it and use it in the auditions for a talent show, because I don't want to spend the money on a new one if I'm only going to be using it for one song (since I'm not focusing on effects yet, I'm still trying to improve my skill)
honestly, you might as well go out and buy one. a used dunlop crybaby won't run you more than 60 dollars (american).
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
honestly, you might as well go out and buy one. a used dunlop crybaby won't run you more than 60 dollars (american).

Yes, but the Dunlop Crybaby also sucks.

Maybe an RMC Wheels on Fire Wah, if there is one? Or a Morley, you'll want something good with gain.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Yes, but the Dunlop Crybaby also sucks.

Maybe an RMC Wheels on Fire Wah, if there is one? Or a Morley, you'll want something good with gain.

not if you mod it, sir

but TS prolly isn't ready to do something like that yet. so take rhcp_freak's advice for the time being. morley is good.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
/\/\

If Crybaby's suck, why do so many pros use them? And I find Morley's to be a tad sterile sounding.

I'd say get an older Crybaby, mainly because you're covering metallica and Kirk used a Crybaby for most of his solos. Now he's probably got a rack wah or something, but an old crybaby should do you fine.
Okay, thanks guys. I'll see what they have and if they have anything mentioned here, I'll probably check it out
Quote by RG_FANMAN
/\/\

If Crybaby's suck, why do so many pros use them?

the regular crybabies do suck. But a 535q is the epic win
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless