hello fellow UG users. i have been playing guitar for over 3 years now, back then i had a lot of free time to play guitar and practice. but nowadays i'm a college student in a system engeeniring (...yeah...)career.

what i'm saying is...i barely have time to play a guitar now, maybe just 3 hours a week at least, and that's not very much.
and since i am into complex music that requieres a lot of effort and time to play correctly, i won't be able to play it...

after a hard week of studying, most of my free time is on weekends (gee, no surprise there, right?) and normally i would spend that time practicing, but now i just feel that i am throwing my life away while i should be doing ohter stuff.

so, should i leave the guitar playing since i can't even play it for the lulz anymore?
please tell me if i need to elaborate more
So what's the decision here? Play guitar or social life?

You can do both. You don't have to be a godly professional-level player to play the guitar.

Play for the lulz.
Guitar's great and all, but you need more than that in your life. Do guitar every now and again, I only usually play about 20 minutes a day, and not usually at all on weekends.
Play it for the lulz dude. No shame in being a hack. I should know.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by chrisb12416
It's your life, do what you want.

Just have fun. =]

This.
If you're doubting it that much, maybe you should just put it down for a while and have some fun. Then someday when you're bored, pull it out and jam.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by lolcats
This.

what he said

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Number42
hello fellow UG users. i have been playing guitar for over 3 years now, back then i had a lot of free time to play guitar and practice. but nowadays i'm a college student in a system engeeniring (...yeah...)career.

what i'm saying is...i barely have time to play a guitar now, maybe just 3 hours a week at least, and that's not very much.
and since i am into complex music that requieres a lot of effort and time to play correctly, i won't be able to play it...

after a hard week of studying, most of my free time is on weekends (gee, no surprise there, right?) and normally i would spend that time practicing, but now i just feel that i am throwing my life away while i should be doing ohter stuff.

so, should i leave the guitar playing since i can't even play it for the lulz anymore?
please tell me if i need to elaborate more

Shouldn't college be just about over for you now?
At least for the summer?
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Shouldn't college be just about over for you now?
At least for the summer?

nope, not where i live at least. this semester endsat the end of this month
Im feeling the same way. Im going to uni next year. The past couple of years, ive taken practice really seriously, playing a few hours a day. Im worried that il have no time to play and end up not reaching my potential. I want to be really good, but earning a decent living is also important.
Just broaden your horizons in playing different types of music. Try writing your own stuff. Just come up with a riff one day, build onto it the next time and so on and so forth. Playing guitar isnt all about practicing, its about enjoying the music your playing.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Hey, I'm studying to get my B.A. in Jazz Guitar performance. I have to practice if I want to pass school, haha
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -