I play in a Punkrockband as guitarist and singer and we've been playin' about half a year and we are playing our first gig on saturday.

When we practice it sounds really ok but once we played for some friends and i really became nervous and made some mistakes(it was only one song).

Have you any tips how i can get less nervous?
u just gotta have fun

your playin the show because its what you love (and will love even more afterwards)

im sure you will **** up, but laugh it off, everyone does

the crowd barely ever notices mistakes anyway

just have fun and remember

there are always gonna be worse bands than yours
Don't be nervous, just think "I'm gonna show these people that I'm a great musician." Unless it's a battle of the bands, there's no competition so just have fun.
Quote by sigtheesc
u just gotta have fun

your playin the show because its what you love (and will love even more afterwards)

im sure you will **** up, but laugh it off, everyone does

the crowd barely ever notices mistakes anyway

just have fun and remember

there are always gonna be worse bands than yours

yea what this guy said, but headbang and do crazy **** onstage
i had my first real gig on saturday, and it was amazing. i was nervous till i started playing, then it was just like i was jamming in my room again. You gotta let loose, and just do what the guy above me said, go nuts and give it your all. yeah yo might screw up, but it's hardly as noticable as it seems. and then after you do awesome, the ladies love you =P
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have had no problems. Mostly because I am Jesus.
Quote by FrosteeFresh
i had my first real gig on saturday, and it was amazing. i was nervous till i started playing, then it was just like i was jamming in my room again. You gotta let loose, and just do what the guy above me said, go nuts and give it your all. yeah yo might screw up, but it's hardly as noticable as it seems. and then after you do awesome, the ladies love you =P

I got an email about a reply, I'm quite surprised nobody's said that since you've been practising as a band for 18 months, your sound should be tight as hell anyway, and when you get some gigging experience down, your sound will improve, as will your confidence
Quote by Chikao42
I got an email about a reply, I'm quite surprised nobody's said that since you've been practising as a band for 18 months, your sound should be tight as hell anyway, and when you get some gigging experience down, your sound will improve, as will your confidence

I was saying it was half a year(6 months)^^
but it's ok
I try to do it like all of you said and just try to rock and have fun =)
thx for the quick answers
Quote by cryzhadry
I was saying it was half a year(6 months)^^
but it's ok
I try to do it like all of you said and just try to rock and have fun =)
thx for the quick answers

Sorry, I read it as a year and a half XD

6 months is still longer than any band I've played in before a gig, though.