Hey all,

I have an epiphone Les Paul classic and I am looking to replace the pickups with some good high output metal pickups that can be used for rock and blues when I need to play something that has a bit of a vintage sound (love to play Cream once in awhile, go clapton :P) I am stuck between paying 130$ for a set of seymour duncan pickups ( the SH-2 in the neck and SH-4 in the bridge) or for 140ish I can buy 2 seperate dimarzio pups such as a super distortion in the bridge and whatever would be a good neck pickup to go with it (something by dimarzio preferably). I play through a Vox 50watt hybrid amp with 2 12 inch speakers and have access to a peavey valveking 40 watt full tube once in awhile but ill mostly be using the vox. Any experience or help would be appreciated and I apoligize if this thread is in the wrong catergory but it sounded electric guitarish :P.

Thanks all
I'd say Dimarzio, I use Evolutions and they give me a loving tone in whatever way I choose to play them.
Quote by Flying Couch
I'd get the SH-2 set from Duncan, personally.

I play a JEM 555 (OHMAGAWD FAKE JEM LOZL), and personally it gives me the best tone I've ever experienced.

However, depending on styles, and the way you attack the guitar, there are gonna be better pickups, and SH-2 are pretty freakin' sweet.
Quote by Chikao42
I'd say Dimarzio, I use Evolutions and they give me a loving tone in whatever way I choose to play them.

Dear god no...

TS, Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck....case closed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd say any though out combo of Duncans will own.. though i am a tad biased...
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
gotta go with the di marzio's i find there more versatile.
and such a lovely sound

but hey im biased lol
For me Dimarzio don't do the vintage-type thing quite as well as Duncan, and they don't seem to have quite so many pickups that suit Les Paul typesm, they own the shredder market though.l
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You cant go wrong with a Dimarzio Super Distortion
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Dimarzio Super distortion (bridge) Dimarzio PAF (neck)
Vs
SD SH-4 (bridge) SD SH-2 (neck)

Who has:
most output?
most versitility?
best cleans?
best harmonics?

I would like to thank all posters so far as the info you are all giving me is extremely helpful as I am drowning in a sea of humbuckers:P
Quote by steven seagull
Dear god no...

TS, Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck....case closed.

+1

Jazz is also good for the neck, and JB for the bridge.
I was told recently by a guitar tech that DiMarzio's quality control has dropped substantially in the last few years. Not sure if he was right but it is something to consider. Personally I have an SH-2 in the neck and an SH-5 in the bridge doesn't get much better than that.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Dimarzios D Activators
or Duncan Invaders
Using invaders for vintage rock and blues is like cutting down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring - it just won't get the job done
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball