I wanted a seven string guitar, mainly because I would love the extra range it offers, I play progressive on my own, and for my deathcore band I could go so much lower.
I was thinking of this

Ibanez Xiphos

But any other reccomendations are welcome, im going to be saving for this myself, so Anything at or below the price of that is good for me.

Thanks in advance.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

there are many 7 strings on the market nowdays since the rise and demand. so nowdays almost any guitar producer makes one. some of the mest would have to be from ibanez, shecter, dean and a few others. i would recomend trying out as many as you can.
7 string schecters are cheaper and come with a floyd rose (i might be wrong on the cheaper part) but they would be better or you could just get a 7 sring rg style ibanez instead,
note i like neither brand but for you price range thats the best idea
tho if you could go higher i would spring for a dean 255 7 string, those are probally the best 7 strings imo
OMG my friend, that Ibanez is godly.
i want it.

as for other guitars, schecter makes a mean 7 stringer, the damien 7 and omen 7 being the best.
the omen is a bit cheaper then the damien, but the only reason why i bought my damien 7 was the bat inlays. godly.

and ibanez makes a mean 8 string too
Quote by djmay71
i want it.

lol, thats what caught my attention at first too

You guys say Schecter?? Well...i currently own a C1 Hellraiser.....but Im kinda looking to go for a slimmer neck, because the Schecters neck is pretty damn thick.

And it seems that all the Seven string guitars at the Guitar Center are set up horribly....so im looking for reccomendations now, and i will play them all when I get the chance.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Oh yeah; i heard of those, problem is, no guitar store near to me stocks any ESPs...so i cant try them out.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Definitely go with either the Ibanez Xiphos, or if you want a lower price, the RG7321 kicks ass too. You'll get used to the neck rather quickly, as it's pretty thin. You can't really go wrong with Ibanez's 7 string line. No crappy Edge III-7 tremolos, only fixed bridges and Edge Pros.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
If your looking for a thinner neck, Id say Ibanez. Schecter do make very good 7 strings, but they have fat necks which some people dont like.
Your options for Ibanez include the Xiphos, an RG7321 and a RG1527.

the RG7321 is fixed bridge, pretty cheap and a brilliant first 7 string.
The RG1527 has an Edge tremolo and is generally considered godly. Its a prestige model so its well built, excellent quality, only problem with it are the stock pickups really. Might be out of your price range though, I didnt look at the link for the xiphos so I dont know how much it is.
You cant really go wrong with the xiphos though, it has excellent specs, Neck through, Mahogany, D-activators. Theres a guy from the 7 string legion has one and sounds like he loves it. You should ask in there for the best advice really.

EDIT: also not forgetting the S7320, which is another awesome guitar. S series 7 string, only comes in black, has a ZR tremolo which are very cool in my opinion, not quite as smooth as an edge or an OFR but still really awesome. Also ive heard the necks on them are slightly different to those on RGs so along with the smaller. lighter body shape it might suit you better.

I guess it depends whether you want a tremolo or not. If you do then theres the RG1527 and the S7320. If you dont then theres the RG7321 and the Xiphos.

Ibanez wise of course, there are other companies which make excellent 7s. I would rule them out.
Last edited by littlemurph7976 at May 15, 2008,
Quote by djmay71
i want it.

as for other guitars, schecter makes a mean 7 stringer, the damien 7 and omen 7 being the best.
the omen is a bit cheaper then the damien, but the only reason why i bought my damien 7 was the bat inlays. godly.

and ibanez makes a mean 8 string too

I'd say the Schecter C-7s are way better than the Damien or Omen 7s. Think about it: name-brand p/ups (passive EMGs on the Damien notwithstanding), neck-thru construction, active EMGs on the Hellraiser line, Seymour Duncans on the others (Blackouts on the ATX)...
Gotta love the bat inlays though
Ibanez or Schecter is definitely the way to go. To decide, figure out which brand generally feels better in your hands (neck and body profiles), then narrow down by model.
Ibanez models and specs have already been listed, here's the '08 list of Schecter 7s:
Oh, and note that the Schecter 7's are all 26.5" scale. Any without a trem use a Tonepros bridge and string-through construction. Woods listed are body, neck, fretboard. Neck-thru construction unless otherwise noted.
C-7 BlackJack: SD JB and '59 pickups. Mahogany, maple, rosewood
C-7 BlackJack ATX: SD Blackout active pickups. Mahogany, mahogany, ebony
C-7: Duncan Designed HB-105 active p/ups. Bolt-on neck. Mahogany, maple, rosewood.
C-7 FR: C-7, but with a LFR.
C-7 Hellraiser: EMG 707 (active). Mahogany (quilted maple top on black cherry finish), mahogany, rosewood.
C-7 Hellraiser FR: C-7 Hellraiser with a 7-string OFR. Yep, OFR, not LFR.
Loomis signature 7/7 FR: It's a Hellraiser 7/ 7FR with maple neck and fingerboard. Again, a 7-string OFR on the FR model.
Damien 7: EMG hz 7-a p/ups (passive). Bolt-on neck. Basswood, maple, rosewood.
Damien 7 FR: Damien 7 with a LFR.
Omen 7: Schecter Diamond Plus p/ups. Bolt-on neck. Basswood, maple, rosewood.

My personal recommendations from Schecter are the C-7 Blackjack, ATX, Hellraiser, or Hellraiser FR. I'd recommend one of the Hellraisers for what you're doing.
From Ibanez: the S7320, Xiphos, RG1527, and RG7321, and any of the first three would be great. At your price range you could skip the RG7321 and not miss anything.
Good luck!
Quote by One Way Ticket

Wow.......that guitar is AMAZINGLY beautiful. But Im looking for a V shape mostly.......so Ill find this one and play it for sure....its between this, the Hellraiser, and the Xiphos now. Thanks for the help guys!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by One Way Ticket

That is beautiful! Love the figuring on that top!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've got the Xiphos7, and I love it, and I'd totally recommend it for deathcore, hands down if your an Ibanez guy. Check out my profile for clips, I think all the ones on there are recorded with the xiphos.
Quote by bowen
I've got the Xiphos7, and I love it, and I'd totally recommend it for deathcore, hands down if your an Ibanez guy. Check out my profile for clips, I think all the ones on there are recorded with the xiphos.

Yeah, I like Ibanez's, even though ive never owned one.
But yeah,

Wow...that sounds great! What amp are you using in those?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i have a hellraiser 7 and the neck is a baseball bat plus the frets are extra jumbo so its not comfortable for me. Bear in mine 261/2 and above is a large scale and in my case changes my playing style. im thinking of just using 2 6 strings tuned differently because its not that benificial for shredding only adding a few lower notes.

but dean razorback 7http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/images/products/Dean%20RAZORBACK%207-String%20255%20WhiteBlack%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg
Last edited by tuwyci at May 18, 2008,
Quote by valennic
Yeah, I like Ibanez's, even though ive never owned one.
But yeah,

Wow...that sounds great! What amp are you using in those?

It's just a direct in through a Zoom G7.1ut, pretty good for direct in IMO though.
It's just a mesa dual rectifier setting with the pedal, doesn't sound as good by itself through an amp though, but does the trick for recording.