Hi Pit Nation. I am getting confirmed this weekend and am hopefully gonna get some money for some new gear. An amp most specifically. My gear right now is an Epi Les Paul Custom and a Roland 15x . It isnt that bad but i want something bigger and better sounding. I have 125 bucks right now and will get around 150-300 dollars for being confirmed. I love Metal/Thrash music like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth. I also like Dream Theater type stuff. Please Pit i need your help for this one. Any suggestions appreciated
1) You aren't in the Pit any more.
2) Peavey VK 112.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
this isn't the Pit, and either a Valveking 112 or a blackheart Little Giant halfstack
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
wow, if i were you, i'd buy a more expensive amp for sure. i hat upgrading little by little because then i have to throw away more money to upgrade. upgrade once to an expensive thing so then you never have to upgrade again, unless your tastes change of course....
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by maidenfreak666
Hi Pit Nation. I am getting confirmed this weekend and am hopefully gonna get some money for some new gear. An amp most specifically. My gear right now is an Epi Les Paul Custom and a Roland 15x . It isnt that bad but i want something bigger and better sounding. I have 125 bucks right now and will get around 150-300 dollars for being confirmed. I love Metal/Thrash music like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth. I also like Dream Theater type stuff. Please Pit i need your help for this one. Any suggestions appreciated

did you honestly think you were going to get a good answer in 'teh pit'?

at least your mistake got you closer. GG&A has a ton of info on both of these amp and quite a bit more as you can imagine.

+1 on Valveking but i have only had mine less than a month so verdict is still out for me.

just imo

;
is the valveking really awesome?

Ive heard of it before but never thought about buying it. would someone care to explain it to the words of someone who has never played through one.
Quote by maidenfreak666
is the valveking really awesome?

Ive heard of it before but never thought about buying it. would someone care to explain it to the words of someone who has never played through one.

Well it's not a metal amp. But might be able to do older metal tones i.e. early Megadeth. Try it out yourself in r/l