Just came to mind being it took me a few months to learn all the quirks of my amp and I always see posts about mesa's and other amps. So figured why not have one thread of what settings we use and what is needed to combat amp flaws.

Valveking
Treble: Dont take it past 5 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up)
Middle: Dont take it past 8 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up)
Bass: Use as normal
Presence:Use as normal
Resonance:Use as normal
Texture knob:Clockwise Tight thrash tone, Counter Clockwise Loose and Modern but a bit muddy
Gain: Dont take past 7-8 or it will get muddy
Volume Button: In or out its prefrence
Gain Button: In adds big boost of gain and highs.. Prefrence as well.

Loves OD pedals, best so far has been the Bad Monkey
Settings Level 10 Gain 0

Needs: Tube and speakers replaced. Loves V30 speakers and JJ's for the preamps if you want a brighter tone and Tung Sols for a Darker tone.

Other issues, has a harsh freq at about 2k-4k but can be taken away with a EQ pedal.

Amp is good for Modern/Thrash tone, sounds like a mix of a mesa and marshall with the JJ's but a bit muddier which is to be expected its a 500 dollar tube amp.

Great for Metallica and can get as heavy as lamb of god. Also good for blues and classic rock but it will have a modern touch to it.

Also sounds decent at low volume of atleast 1.5-4 but gets better as you go up. Below 1.5 it's really hollow and muddy.
Does anyone have a list like that for a Vox AD30vt or that series of amps? would be a great help.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
JJ's for the preamps if you want a brighter tone and Tung Sols for a Darker tone.

That's interesting. Any JJs I've ever used made the tone darker and Tung-Sols were much more balanced. If anything, that should be opposite. Weird.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Treble: Dont take it past 5 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up)
Middle: Dont take it past 8 (harsh and muddy doesnt clean up)

reverse those? i would anyways. This is coming from the classic AC/DC to modern rock perspective.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by GuitarUltimate?
reverse those? i would anyways. This is coming from the classic AC/DC to modern rock perspective.

No way! Scooped mids FTL!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Works for every amp:
Problem: doesn't sound right
Solution 1: learn how your gear works. Tweak your signal path and the amp because now you know what you're doing and don't have to ask UG where to set your treble knob.
Solution 2: Skip solution 1, and buy equipment that sounds good out of the box, then replace parts based on what other people tell you to do.
There's nothing wrong with the second option other than that you are relying on other people to not only understand what you're hearing but also know how to change it to match how you like it. It takes more time and effort to know how to do these things on your own, but if you can do it even on a very basic level it will be immensely useful.
Quote by MatrixClaw
That's interesting. Any JJs I've ever used made the tone darker and Tung-Sols were much more balanced. If anything, that should be opposite. Weird.

i was gonna say the same thing. JJs are some of the darkest tubes ive ever heard. almost too dark, unless you play jazz
Quote by GuitarUltimate?

Its not a settings thing... Its a you go past that number your asking for some nasty sounding tone.... Example the only usable settings are treble 1-5 so if you doing ac/dc you would put it at 5 in place of 10
Quote by MatrixClaw

Could be if you do a fully JJ preamp replacement I've heard it from a few other people as well. And when i went over to all JJ's my tone really got bright. Versus all the tung sol clips i have heard the tone sounds darker.

Could be wrong just know what it did to my amp and what i have heard others say.