I have up to $100 bucks to spend on a decent pedal that can get me a good Satriani/Vai sound. Any suggestions?
How much is the Saturator? The Satch custom OD or distortion pedal. If you really want the Satch sound, and already have a good amp, I think it would be worth it to save for it.
Dare I ask it, but what is your amp?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Maybe a Ibanez Tubescreamer, or a DS-1. Both Satch and Vai use the DS-1, and Vai also uses Tubescreamers a lot.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by qotsa1998
How much is the Saturator? The Satch custom OD or distortion pedal. If you really want the Satch sound, and already have a good amp, I think it would be worth it to save for it.

About $130. I've heard clips and it does sound good but kind of pricey.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the only thing that you should need to get a good sound on soloing is an overdriven tube amp w/ an OD pedal in front of it. you're prolly using a SS amp correct? until you change that, ur not gonna get too close.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
the only thing that you should need to get a good sound on soloing is an overdriven tube amp w/ an OD pedal in front of it. you're prolly using a SS amp correct? until you change that, ur not gonna get too close.

He did say he has a TSL100...
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by slash_rocks2005

Well done, you've confirmed you can't read.

He said he has a TSL, a tube amp.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
apologies for not catching his second post.

alrite well then i'm still suggesting an OD either way. now i know it's either the DSLs or TSLs that apparently get a bad rap on here and i can't remember which it is. if you still can't get a similar tone w/ an OD maybe you should see about adding slight reverb and short delay to it and see if you like that kind of tone there. otherwise you might want to look into a more modern voiced amp.

darker tone i believe is what you're going for and thick and full sound. an OD should really help but it's not gonna be the same on a marshall
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by qotsa1998

+1

Probally the cheapest thing to do in the long run... The pedal runs 129.99 Vs $150 bucks for a Modified Tubescreamers or DS-1.

But yea if you want lead tone/shred your gonna need some sort of OD...
ah the saturator is an OD....i was thinkin that was a distortion pedal. i'm not into distortion pedals into tube amps. but i guess if it has a reputable sound then go for Satch's pedal, i hope he would put his name on something that didn't produce good results.

go for it!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
About $130. I've heard clips and it does sound good but kind of pricey.

if you can really get his tone out of that thing, then it isn't pricey at all.. it's cheap..
Quote by TechnicolorType
if you can really get his tone out of that thing, then it isn't pricey at all.. it's cheap..

Well obviously it's not exactly his tone but it's a pretty damn good impression; especially for a pedal.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.