Firstly I'd just like to say 'Hey i'm Jack.' This is my first post on UG so bare with me! :p Anyway, the situation; I have a Fender Pro Junior, and as much as I love it, I find it too quiet for gigs... I was wondering if i bought a second and used them together, would it make it louder. Or would it be better to buy an extension cab? Or to scrap the whole idea, sell the PJ and buy something like a hot rod deluxe? I love the idea of being able to use two amps at once and the sounds I'd be abe to achieve from two Pro Juniors! I play mainly Rock, I know its cliché, but think John Frusciante- that's the sound I aspire to.

Many thanks guys,

Jack
if your amp is just a little little bit to quiet you could try a boostpedal. but that probably ain't gonna do it. if you really like the tone of the amp you could also consider buying an PA kind of thing so you can put a mic in front of your amp and use the PA to make it louder
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Great first post, alot of new people just go and say, "OMG, this amp i got at a store is a marshal and its 100 wats, it had the most wats there and it was marshall so thats why I bought it it rocks!!1eleven!1"
Which, 97% of the time, they're referring to an MG.

But on a serious note, two of the same amp really won't make it louder, it'll just spread out the sound more.
I forgot what wattage the PJ is, could you refresh my memory?
If you wanted to get a new amp for gigging (which I suggest you do, I thought the PJ was more of a practice amp), i'd go for anything upwards of 15 watts.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Great first post, alot of new people just go and say, "OMG, this amp i got at a store is a marshal and its 100 wats, it had the most wats there and it was marshall so thats why I bought it it rocks!!1eleven!1"

But on a serious note, two of the same amp really won't make it louder, it'll just spread out the sound more.
If you wanted to get a new amp for gigging (which I suggest you do, I thought the PJ was more of a practice amp), i'd go for anything upwards of 15 watts.

+1

And the pro junior is 15 watts... So i would look upwards to 30 watts...
Quote by darkarbiter7

FYI - Pro Junior is 1x10" and 15 watts.

EDIT: Gah Ibanez beat me.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
^I'd disagree with DarkArbiter.

I generally gig with one Blues Junior (and am often told to turn down...), but when the situation calls for it, such as a big outdoor show or something, i'll run two. It fills out the sound and projects it much better to the crowd, even if it isnt necessarily "louder". Its a great idea if you love the tone of your amp and just want a fuller, "louder", sound.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I play with a Blues Junior, and while I do not gig very much (at all), I have played/sang in front of loads of people at my school auditorium for a fund raiser and it was perfect ( i was playing clean, too).

Sorry to go off topic but how would one connect the two amps together?
Quote by SRVStrat808
^I'd disagree with DarkArbiter.

I generally gig with one Blues Junior (and am often told to turn down...), but when the situation calls for it, such as a big outdoor show or something, i'll run two. It fills out the sound and projects it much better to the crowd, even if it isnt necessarily "louder". Its a great idea if you love the tone of your amp and just want a fuller, "louder", sound.

Hmm... guess you may be right.
I don't really gig with two amps yet (I may once I get some connectivity stuff). So, I wouldn't know too much. I guess I just assumed wrong.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by strat335
Sorry to go off topic but how would one connect the two amps together?

Run a Y-splitter ($2 at radioshack ) at the end of your pedalboard. If you have a buffered pedal you really don't need to worry about quality degradation of the two signals as well. Its a nice solution.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Yes, you can run two by going stereo. Many reverb and delay pedals allow you to do this. Probably splitters that do this two. If each one had different eq settings it probably would make a difference.

My DD-20 has modes just for stereo, But I hardly ever run two Halfstacks. Ive only in the studio and sometimes at practice.
Oh god guys, don't tell teh guy to go stereo live! It'll just be butchered by the mix engineer at your level anyway (i'm assuming, because you've only got a Pro Junior, that you're not quite up to selling out stadiums yet?). Stereo is very cool, yes, on record, yes, through a HUGE PA that is true stereo with decent space between both hangs of the very expensive line array and Dave Rat mixing out front, but no, not in a small club, plus the thing to remember about stereo is that the image is only really good from right in the middle of the two speakers, any part to the side you won't get the right effect (specially if your delay feeds L-Dry R- Wet............in a small club I normally just mix mono anyway, I save the fun stereo stuff for the big gigs, it's just not discernible in a small room............

Now, question at hand...........if it can feed another speaker, buy another 1x12 (or even 15 for a bit of bass response), you should be fine and then just ask the engineer to put some back through the monitors....don't bother with stereo in small clubs though, save it for the big stage and the studio
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
imo, dont make an apple an orange.

it's just a pro jr. not a lot of versatility or wattage there.

if you have a little money, like fender tones, and have availability to craigs list.
parlay that amp into a HRD or similar.

i'm not crazy about hotrods, i'd rather have something similar to a classic 30.
but if you like them, then go for it.

i used to have a 15W blues junior, and it suffered when played with full band.
so i connected an addtional 1x12, and you know what? it's a lot to tote around for 15W spread out, and not a lot of versatility.

ok good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
woah! Cheers for all the rapid response. I was intending on splitting the signal with either my retrosonic chorus or boss GT-8. Well that gives me plenty to think about. I'm a fan of keeping things as simple as possible (within reason!) so maybe I shall sell in favour of a more powerful amp- nothing worse than playing a gig when you're pushing your amp to the max and still not quite keeping up!
Cheers