So, basically, here's the deal.

I play guitar. Mainly indie stuff. A buddy of mine plays bass, and is in a metal band, who was offered a show at a town thing. They couldn't do screaming stuff, or anything their style, so they were debating whether of not to play mellow-er stuff. The bassist (my friend) shuffled though his iPod, and a song came on by a band that him and I both love, that he thinks they could perform, with me doing guitar and possibly vocals. However, the rest of the band decided not to take the show, because apparently they have a bad reputation (they've had a few bad vocalists in the past).

Now, another friend of mine drums in a ska band, and has also played a show with me, and we've recorded together. However, until recently, he hasn't been on speaking terms with the bassist, and now still isn't exactly the greatest of friends with him. The question is, should I approach the drummer to see if he would be willing to do the show with the bassist? If he says yes, there's a chance that the two of them may have an argument or something, and I don't want to risk being caught in between.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
So you and the bassist are trying to play the show in place of the metal band? Ask both the bassist and the drummer about how they would feel about playing with each other. If they both claim to be ok with it, then have a practice and see how it turns out.
Quote by TNA
So you and the bassist are trying to play the show in place of the metal band? Ask both the bassist and the drummer about how they would feel about playing with each other. If they both claim to be ok with it, then have a practice and see how it turns out.

Agreed.
If they can both agree to put any differences to one side for the sake of the band, they might become friends again and you could be responsible for doing a teeny bit of good in the world.
If they can't, well at least you tried your best and you've lost nothing.
Do try, if you can get a goood drummer and a good bassist to put thier differences aside and then make sure that they can play well together it is one of the best things that you will see