so i've had my rp350 for 3 months or so and i've figured everything out within the first week and gotten all of the tones i want, but the wah pedal confuses me.

on the clean channel, i can get it to sound great.

but with distortion or overdrive added, it doesn't sound as great, but i might be setting it up wrong.

i'd love it if someone could give me a talk about how all of the settings for the wah works.

can anyone help me that owns an rp350 and is familiar with the wah?

thanks
well, outside of getting a real pedal here is what i what i would do. and oh, what amp do you have?

first - get the RP connected to a PC and download the X-Edit software off digitech.com

second - any disit pedal on a non-clean channel may be muddy. disto + disto = no no. that is especially true with multi-effect pedals. that unit has Wah and Disti and other stuff built into the effect - so you can either use the knobs on pedal or software for pedal to tune it. it is much easier the software route but you will need a USB 1.0 (square) to USB 2.0 (normal rectangular) to do this.

if you need further help after that - let me (us) know...

;
i own one and my wah sounds ok with distortion....then again i kinda use some kirk hametty kinda wah...lol....i'm not sure how i figured it out....i just kept turn the knobs til i found something that sounded ok

sry i cant be of more help....lol
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well, outside of getting a real pedal here is what i what i would do. and oh, what amp do you have?

first - get the RP connected to a PC and download the X-Edit software off digitech.com

second - any disit pedal on a non-clean channel may be muddy. disto + disto = no no. that is especially true with multi-effect pedals. that unit has Wah and Disti and other stuff built into the effect - so you can either use the knobs on pedal or software for pedal to tune it. it is much easier the software route but you will need a USB 1.0 (square) to USB 2.0 (normal rectangular) to do this.

if you need further help after that - let me (us) know...

;

right now i'm running through a crate rfx 30 (practice amp)

my channel is set to clean with all eq knobs set to 12 o clock.

so yeah i'm adding distortion or overdrive through the rp350.

and i recently got the usb cord and it does connect the rp350 to my computer but i'm unsure as how to use x-edit.
so....guitar > pedal > amp

no other disti pedals or anything like that in the mix?

go to digitech.com, find X-Edit for your Operating System, download the .dll file first or whatever it is (been awhile) - just follow the directions and then let me know

if you don't like the distortion (or any other parameter that is turned on right now) then you can turn these off or down or up whatever. Are you on Hendrix preset right now?

for example - hendrix preset has these (wah, disti, an amp model, eq, noise gate, reverb and expression pedal) turned on.

;
yes i'm currently guitar>pedal>amp

no distortion pedals other than the 350

i have x-edit on my system now but i just didn't understand how to use it.

i also was not aware that there was a hendrix preset because i deleted most of the stock ones and made my own but i am aware that there are two sets of tones libraries so i'll go have a look.
when i make settings i always try to make it work for lead and rythm...so what u should do is set up your sound as normal...and then go for wah....that what's i do since most of the wah i use is a small amt for solos
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
that is what i normally do but for some reason with distortion it doesn't sound right like it coming in too far after the distortion but i'm not familiar with the setup for wah.
what do sometimes is turn stuff to the max and play and then turn it back down to the lowest and play just to hear the difference...then i find something in the middle i like...try that
so i'm using X-Edit 2.3

you can only modify the first half of presets. mine is first 60, yours may be 80 right.

the second half (60 or 80) are factory set and you cannot change. so 120 or 140 total. am i to assume that all of those are gone? did you buy it used? you can always use the Reset on back to change it back to factory default but it sounds like you have your own custom presets.

do you have the X-Edit software up now?

;
no, i never said that the factory presets were gone. you can't change the second set of them anyway.

i have the x-edit software up now, yes.

edit- i bought my rp350 new in the box.
Last edited by fenderdude06 at May 15, 2008,
Quote by fenderdude06
that is what i normally do but for some reason with distortion it doesn't sound right like it coming in too far after the distortion but i'm not familiar with the setup for wah.

Maybe you're not used to distorted wah tones?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Maybe you're not used to distorted wah tones?

i am familiar with distorted wah tones
Quote by fenderdude06
no, i never said that the factory presets were gone. you can't change the second set of them anyway.

i have the x-edit software up now, yes.

edit- i bought my rp350 new in the box.

whoa
OK
just trying to help
have you tried turning down the disti or turning it off?
my hendrix preset is set on Fuzz at 2 o'clock and volume at 12 oclock

are you currently looking at your preset number postion. what number for example? my HNRDX is #44 (but i moved it there). I can change any of the parameters i mentioned earlier.

:
yeah i found the hendrix preset but it didn't have wah.

i figured it out anyway though, thank you.

and i wasn't being hostile before lol it's tough to understand feeling over the internet you know?

good looks bro

it's all good... and i'm glad you figured it out.

FYI: Mine does have a strait Wah setting too i just never use 'cause it is more of a pitch shifter on factory.

your HNDRIX setting should be the same as mine. you need to press down hard with toe to turn on Wah. let me know. yours should be factory set to 'Clyde Wah' - that can be changed too. mess around with the different disti settings on there in drop down menu, there is like a dozen, and then turn down disti or whatever with mouse. fun.

and you also know that you can copy/paste preset settings into a new slot for testing out (i do that a lot) as well as rename or move position.

;