I was playing my marshall MS-4 mini amp and was wishing it could have the distortion that my spider 2 75 watt can give. I was thinking about getting a pedal for it but that wouldnt be very portable. (were talking about hangin the amp from your pants and running around with your guitar here) So does anyone think it would be possible to disassemble a distortion pedal then build it into the amp?
Those amps cost £20.

They are shit.

You cannot possibly "hack" them in any way to improve them.

Give up and buy a valve amp.
I would want to mainly so i could play some proper metal and shred if i take the amp anywhere, and so i dont have to constantly bring my spidder 2 up from the basement to practice by the computer.
Buy a Roland Microcube. It's portable enough, and it sounds way better than the MS-4 can ever even dream of sounding.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Buy a Roland Microcube. It's portable enough, and it sounds way better than the MS-4 can ever even dream of sounding.

It's better than the Spider too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's better than the Spider too

+1
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Youre gonna find that the really little speaker those belt clip amps have do not like a whole lot of distortion anyways. I have one of those deanmarkley things I bought for a trip overseas. And its ok clean but distortion just doesnt sound good at all. Deal with it as is or play on another amp.
I think a simple distortion pedal by itself probably would be more complex circuit wise than a mini amp. Heck a 250/Distortion+ circuit will probably have more components in it.

It might be possible to modify the existing circuitry to increase the gain to the point of clipping more, but the whole distortion pedal idea would just make it to expensive to justify modding over getting the microcube
Quote by mafropetee

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?