Hey, I picked up an Ibanez rg 270 a while back for a low price, but I haven't really used it much.

My Fender has been at the jam spot for a few weeks so I started playing my Ibanez again. I didn't realize how good it felt, I also didn't realize how ****ty it sounded.

So I decided I wanted to put some new PU's in it, and I'm completely new to this. The rg270 has a setup of HB/SC/HB. I'm not totally sure what will fit it. I found a set of EMG-81 85's I'd like to put in it but I don't know if it'll work.

Will I have to cut a hole to make room for them? Also If I install those EMG HB's will I be able to put in another single coil?

Like I said, I'm very new to this, and want to do it right before I go out and spend money.
well, the only hole u should have to cut is for the EMG's battery, if it doesnt fit in the electronics cavity

u can put in another single, but either it would have to be active also or it would need an active preamp
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
unless you use the SC install just an 81 and 85 combo. Same goes if you don't use the neck or the bridge. I doubt you'd have to make a whole usually they fit right in, but I would ask someone from the company to verify because I am not totally sure. I know the humbuckers more or less fit right in!
Quote by ESP_Shreder
unless you use the SC install just an 81 and 85 combo. Same goes if you don't use the neck or the bridge. I doubt you'd have to make a whole usually they fit right in, but I would ask someone from the company to verify because I am not totally sure. I know the humbuckers more or less fit right in!

Thanks for the advice, both of you.

But yea, I really don't much use the SC, wouldn't it look kind of weird if I it was missing a SC?
in that case, leave the original sc but dont wire it in, leave there for looks (like on EVH's frankenstrat)
EDIT: oh and also, if u want to get rid of the sc, make sure to buy a three way switch to replace the 5-way one
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
in that case, leave the original sc but dont wire it in, leave there for looks (like on EVH's frankenstrat)
EDIT: oh and also, if u want to get rid of the sc, make sure to buy a three way switch to replace the 5-way one

Brilliant! Thats what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. So I can basically just clip the wires from it and leave it as decor?
pretty much
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
dude, if you're blowing the money on a pair of EMG's, why not buy a sincle coil to go with it. make sure it's an active circuit of course. i didnt look up the exact specs on the guitar, but im assuming it has a pickguard and tremelo cover. i suggest storing the battery in the tremelo. it's easier, much easier changes, then totally ripping up a pickguard and strings every battery change. which is about every 3000 hours of playing for one EMG. don't leave the instrument cable plugged in. sounds like a really nice setup man, and best of luck
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...