a GC store said they dont stock the Epi Elitist Les Paul, they would have to special order it. think this is a way of not hurting the sales of the entry level or even mid level Gibson Les Pauls?

they dont want to overlap soda speak, since Epi makes LP guitars from around $175-1200 and Gibson makes LPs from around $900 on up

thanks
Why would you care? They probably make enough money that they could give you a couple free Gibson LP Customs if they felt like it (doubtful ).
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
they stock some epi lp's but mainly the more popular ones. they don't wanna have them sitting on the floor for a while if no one's gonna buy them.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
That's quite possible. There's no excuse for GC to not stock anything with the amount of product they buy.

The local GC's around me usually have a million of just a couple guitar models, and nothing else. Probably lazy managers who don't want to take the time to order a diverse lineup.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
I would imagine each GC takes tabs on inventory and orders accordingly so the Epiphany LP's at your particular GC are probably in low demand so they don't order them regularly.
i dont know man. go to zzounds.com or musiciansfriend.com, they ususally have everything stocked, free shipping, and lower prices
HiMyNameIsMatt
well, they do have a $17,000 SRV guitar just sitting there.....
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Why would you care? They probably make enough money that they could give you a couple free Gibson LP Customs if they felt like it (doubtful ).

Oh, hell, they could give you a hundred of them and barely even flinch.

About the original post though, I'm sure it's a way to help the sales of the low end Gibsons. That way, they can tell the customers "It says Gibson on it!" AND they don't have a choice. Works well for them
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
Oh, hell, they could give you a hundred of them and barely even flinch.

About the original post though, I'm sure it's a way to help the sales of the low end Gibsons. That way, they can tell the customers "It says Gibson on it!" AND they don't have a choice. Works well for them

thats exactly what i thought

and those who know better would just ask for the Elitist
Quote by MortifiedLizard

well, if they had the Elitist in stock, i could check it out and decide if i want to buy one or not

its hard for me to drop a G on something i havent seen in person
Are Elitists comparable (build quality etc) to Gibson Les Paul Standards?
If so, they are probably just getting customers to pay for the brand name instead of a cheaper quality guitar

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Low end Gibsons sell more than Epiphone Elitists.

It's more economical for Guitar Center to buy a shipment of low end Gibsons then it is a shipment of Elitist.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
^ EDIT: dang, beaten to it.

Quote by thankyougermany

yeah, probably.

also, there just plain might not be as big a market for it. "Gibson is better than epiphone" is too ingrained in most guitarists' psyches for them to consider a more expensive epiphone, even if it's better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?