really?

You know minor scales, arpeggios, all the modes, and you still don't know what the purpose is of using other scales instead of just using the chromatic?

Something seems fishy here.

I would recommend not just learning all of these things, but actually playing them on a guitar or other instrument.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
ummm... write songs? Enjoy playing guitar? Do u want to do anything with all this stuff u've learned, or just learning it for its own sake. Do whatever you find fun/challenging, only learn new things in order to elevate your playing
You don't know how to use modes. Your "help with modes" and Lead" threads prove this. Just because you've read about a subject does not mean you understand it.
Last edited by :-D at May 15, 2008,
PERFECT everything. Don't just learn it. How do you just "learn arpeggios", or "learn scales". Theres learning the actual shapes and intervals then theres learning to apply them, then theres learning to apply them well. Same with arpeggios. Are you finding new ways to play them? There are so so so many ways to play arpeggios on guitar. Not just sweeping or using the standard two string triad shape.
Quote by mjkshreds
I am a hard roc guitarist. I know how to play the modes, pentatonic scales, arpeggios, I know a decent amount of theory, Minor scales, Many Jazz chords, and how to read music, What should I learn now?

"I know this", "I know that", "I know ..."

Your "knowing" premis is basically dismissing all the stuff you probably should be
looking into in more detail.

It's MUCH better to start with "I don't know anything", and go from there. You learn
more that way.
Quote by mjkshreds
I am a hard roc guitarist. I know how to play the modes, pentatonic scales, arpeggios, I know a decent amount of theory, Minor scales, Many Jazz chords, and how to read music, What should I learn now?

You might 'know' them, but can you play them? Can you play them well? I know lots of theory, however, I'm am definitely not done with it. Far from it. I still have alot of applying and practicing to do. Go deeper with what you already 'know,' and learn them well.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
the thing i would do is internalize it, then "forget it" and just jam with it. pick a song. figure out the key, and jam with it.