Using the line-out from my ME-50 I plugged in a cheap pair of headphones I had lying around and I was actually slightly impressed at how well it sounded. Now I want a pair of decent headphones. Problem is I dont know much about them other than that they can get pretty expensive.

Does anybody else play with headphones? And what kind would you recommend?
Skullcandy
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Anything but Skullcandy. You want monitoring headphones. Trust me on this.
Monitoring headphones are designed for musicians to use when recording or mixing. They have as flat as possible response - meaning they reproduce the sound as close as they can to what you're playing, whereas Skullcandy headphones are quite sharply EQed with too little bass and too much high-mids.

Monitoring headphones are typically better at isolating you from outside noise as well, and can usually handle a higher volume if you want to deafen yourself.
I have the Zune earbuds or w/e...not the ones that came with it, but the aftermarket ones that are like...$40...best I have ever used...no outside noise AT ALL, and have great sound.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
I have the Zune earbuds or w/e...not the ones that came with it, but the aftermarket ones that are like...$40...best I have ever used...no outside noise AT ALL, and have great sound.

To play guitar through, you probably want a pair of the larger (I forget the technical name) headphones rather than earbuds. I recommend grado or seinnheiser.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Quote by darthalal
To play guitar through, you probably want a pair of the larger (I forget the technical name) headphones rather than earbuds. I recommend grado or seinnheiser.

YEh, I know they're not top quality for guitar, but they work, and block out the noise from picking (if I am trying to find a precise note), and there is NO outside noise at all...I love these...I broke a pair, and paid another $40 just b/c they're that good...but for music...guitar...eh...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
A mid-range pair of Sennheiser, AKG or Audio-Technica phones will be more than adequate, with the bonus that they can be used to double-check mixes if you ever get into computer-based recording.
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 headphones ($40) which are good for listening to music and keeping out noise but have too much low end.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
My Sony V6's have fared me well and they weren't all that expensive, especially compared to the Shure earbuds I bought a while ago...