Hi, I'm in an "alternative metal band with a sense of humor", and I need help writing a bass solo.

The song is in FCGC, and it's a relatively fast paced song about an evil sandwich.

My skills:
-I can slap and pop at an intermediate level, not great, but not bad.
-I have good right hand speed, but my left hand can be sort of slow.
-I don't know many scales, a bunch of minor scales is about it.

Please help me by tabbing one, anything works, doesn't have to be a "Stairway To Heaven" or anything. Thanks in advance, guys!

do it urself

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Bass solo...
...thats a good one.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
listen to the opening of for whom the bells toll, and the entire (anesthia) pulling teeth those will both be good for you to get inspiration/ use in live palying
Quote by F8iscruel
listen to the opening of for whom the bells toll, and the entire (anesthia) pulling teeth those will both be good for you to get inspiration/ use in live palying

Good, someone who is actually helping me. I've listened to them before, but I'll listen to them a bit more.
uhh... although I'm a bassist, I see no point in a bassist having a solo if they don't even know their scales and such. Plus, slapping and popping has no place in metal IMO. Sorry to diss ya, but I'm just being honest.
Quote by deknisely
uhh... although I'm a bassist, I see no point in a bassist having a solo if they don't even know their scales and such. Plus, slapping and popping has no place in metal IMO. Sorry to diss ya, but I'm just being honest.

No offense taken. I just wanted to post what I can do, I wasn't expecting slapping anyway...any suggestion on scales that would help make for a good solo?
well, it all depends on what scale the song is using. But a C Pentatonic Blues scale solo would be pretty cool.
Quote by deknisely
well, it all depends on what scale the song is using. But a C Pentatonic Blues scale solo would be pretty cool.

Alright, any links to a tab?
im not a bassist but im trying to think of some other good bass lines, and or solos, o N.I.B by black sabbath butler does a solo on that i think (i always skip that song)
Oh, and that site has a link to a sweet metronome to jam to. Just thought I'd let you know. lol.
Quote by deknisely
Oh, and that site has a link to a sweet metronome to jam to. Just thought I'd let you know. lol.

Alright, thanks alot man.
lol douple posting in your own thread, amazingly funny, i would say fail but im not a jerk, plz someone take the credit for it
Quote by F8iscruel
im not a bassist but im trying to think of some other good bass lines, and or solos, o N.I.B by black sabbath butler does a solo on that i think (i always skip that song)

there isn't exactly a bass solo, but Geezer does some great bass work in it.

oh and no prob DonWeaso. Helping out other bassists is what I do!
Quote by F8iscruel
lol douple posting in your own thread, amazingly funny, i would say fail but im not a jerk, plz someone take the credit for it

I'd actually give it a PHAIL or a ZING. whichever you choose. haha.
Quote by deknisely
I'd actually give it a PHAIL or a ZING. whichever you choose. haha.

why are bassists so funny, seriously lead guitarists are never cracking good jokes i know i dont
Thank you, Thank you. Besides keeping great rhythm and adding great fills, that's another thing bassists are good for. Comical relief. Which is good for those long rides in the van, and there's an awkward silence. All you gotta say is "So guys... How about a bass solo?".
kinda like the bass solo in City of Delusion?

idk just make it yourself!

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Some times the simplest works best. Just outlining the chords or playing a simple walking pattern. Solo doesn't necessarily mean play fast or try to impress.
One of the most famous and recognizable "rock" bass solos is the intro to "Crazy Train".
Jam with the drummer - get the guitarists to stop playing - and figure out something that works.
listen to some Les Claypool, or Bostons Foreplay, the intro to NIB is pretty cool too, its hard to give you an idea for a solo unless we here the song.....
Quote by BMXfreak000
Bass solo...
...thats a good one.

Bronze series bc rich.....nice one.........
What Song are you going to be playing this solo in?

Post a copy of the song and we will be able to get you some ideas.
until that happens there isn't much we can do except tell you to go and listen
to people who have made it big and have their solos be your insperation.

-Ryan