Ok this is what im wanting...i need a good set of pick-ups for my les paul standard...its a epiphone so not much of a guitar....i was wondering what would be a good set for metal playing and something i can really get harmonics on like crazy....my price range is 100-150 bucks....i looked at the emg 81/85 and thats just a wee bit too much....but if anyone has any suggestions post here ty
i suggest either a Dimarzio Breed bridge/Breed neck combo or a Super Distortion bridge/ Paf Pro neck combo. Cant really go wrong either way
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
What amp do you use?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There's absolutely no point in buying new pickups then. It wouldn't change the sound at all through that amp.

Buy a better amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
New amp then ...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ok thanks guys....that brings up another subject then...i was thinking about buying a new amp...i was looking at peavy and engl...i wnat nothing lower than 100watt and i want tube...MUST BE TUBE....also i want that i can play metal on but i can also turn to cleana nd have beautiful clean tone.
First off, you may want to back down on that 100 watts stipulation. 100 watts all tube is more power than anyone needs. Given, many great metal amps are 100 watts, but don't turn down a 50 watt monster just b/c it's "only" 50 watts.

Now, what exactly is your budget for the amp gonna be?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
100W tube is about 250-300W SS. That's LOUD. I turned up my Mark IV to 7 a few months ago and it actually cracked the mirror behind it, that's how loud it gets and it's 85W.

30-50W tube is a lot more practical and is loud enough for any gig.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
My 50 watt CBB already shakes the house, and i'm convinced that it'll break an old style window with the mids and volume maxxed.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
thats what i heard....i do plan on playing in a band so i need something thats loud enough to get over the sound of the drums but not to totally drown them out....my 15 watt cant even be herad over the drums haha...any suggestion on a good amp
Alright.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to high gain amps, but the Mesa Mark IV is very highly respected.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, 15W tube is enough to get over most drummers.

What's the most amount of gain you'll need (bands) and do you need good cleans?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
hmm...mostly some nice strong distortion...we play alot of clean tunes also....but mostly metal/rock liek ozzy and zepplin..but im also buying a jackson rr1...i have already ordered the guitar