i wanted a randall warhead but its discontinued. is there another amp that could give me that kick ass tone around the same price range?
I have a crate RSX and i'm looking for some really kick ass tone. should i just buy a guitar, or get another amp? right now im usin a jackson kelley
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
what model kelly, and what pickups does it have?
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
just jackson pickups.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

I'm no metal player, but i can assure you that replacing your amp will get you far closer than replacing your guitar or pickups. I'll let some of the resident gain *****s help you from here.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
alright thx man
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

^No problem. Maybe someone with some high gain tastes will wonder into the thread to give you much more help than i can provide. What is your price range?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
500-800.

im also hoping to find a bluesy amp cuz i love playin hendrix and vaughan
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Well, at that budget, my guess is that you will probably be hard pressed to find an amp that can do great cleans and metal. My suggestion is to do what you can to maybe get two amps. One for high gain, one for cleans/bluesy overdrive. Get the one that is most important to you now, and save for the other. Maybe some combination like a used Peavey 5150 and used Peavey Classic 30?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
If you are a metal player on a budget, you can't go wrong with a used 5150... maybe a bugera (but those are not "tested" yet) perhaps a mesa rectoverb with some nice tubes?
i heard high gain blows the tubes out fast. im also not looking for an old metal sound but more like a new metal sound like hatebreed. and god hates us all slayer
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Last edited by blind78 at May 15, 2008,
Quote by blind78
i heard high gain blows the tubes out fast. im also not looking for an old metal sound but more like a new metal sound like hatebreed. and god hates us all slayer

thats a lie
Tubes blow out fast if they are biased improperly
Tubes sound more organic and ballsy than solid state
Tubes do not have that really harsh sounding clip when turned up to loud

just check out some of the amps I showed you
If your stuck on randall why not just get a used Warhead, i see them all the time for sale. An alternative is a RH100 with an EQ and if that doesnt cut it i would suggest like stated above the 5150 unless you are dead set against tubes. But then again if you looking at randalls and warheads your probally wanting that buzzsaw type of distortion which the 5150 is not...

Fill us in with some more info on what your truly looking for so were not assuming stuff.
alright thankyou guys. i found some tone thats really close to what i want. just go to project playlist and look up the song Pluh by psychostick

----------edit-------------

or beer by the same band
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Last edited by blind78 at May 16, 2008,
Quote by blind78
alright thankyou guys. i found some tone thats really close to what i want. just go to project playlist and look up the song Pluh by psychostick

----------edit-------------

or beer by the same band

Ill have to listen to them when i get home so i can remember the tone. Great band by the way i picked up that album, when it came out.
oh really? didn't realize they were that popular
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

oh cool i just recently heard um.. not so popular in seattle. im thinkin the Bugera 333XL head will suit me well. im just gonna sell my crate RSX for $180 and order the bugera. sounds worth it
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

why is that? alright thx
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Quote by blind78
why is that? alright thx

Why buy a copy when you can get the real deal. Also the word is still out on the reliabilty of them because there such a new amp to the market and other reasons. If you want more details just do a search...
lol holy **** the JSX is way way way way way outta my budget
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Last edited by blind78 at May 16, 2008,