I play bass in my school's showchoir and I need help deciding on something that will give me a good tone and preferably 5 strings. I have a 13yr old Mexican p-bass right now...and i need something that could be a bit better for around $300-$400? Any suggestions welcome. I have looked at some OLP's that look ok, any thoughts?
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
spector basses are really solid. really warm tone. ibanez is always a pretty safe choice also
do they have options in that price range?

Ibanez does have very nice options in that budget. And don't discount used instruments either. That price range can land you a fairly nice used instrument.

OLPs are starter instruments, not upgrades, in my opinion.

Two other thoughts...

What is your current amp. An upgrade amp can do quite a bit for your overall sound.

Thought #2. IF you can save another 100-200 USD or so, it will put you into a whole other category of bass. It might be worth the wait.
400$
ibanez in that price are really quality build
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
well for the show choir im hooked into a mixer connected to a mackie speaker and sub system. if i could save that extra what would i be looking at?

Last edited by full_ride_311 at May 16, 2008,