In USD of course.

Recently I've been planning on selling my Schecter Stilleto 5 since I've had it for a few years and put a lot of mileage into it. Ever since I got my MIA Fender I've been looking for other ways to expand tonally and I've really dug semihollows for a while. So my Schecter is worth about $500 since it is in almost perfect condition except for obviously signs of usage (ie. minor scrathes on the back and the like) so this would be the money I have to draw from, and maybe a couple hundred extra if I save gig money for a week or two.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Ibanez makes some nice ones.
don't do the Dean ones- they are inversatile, uncomfortable, and all the ones I've played were a hideous orange.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ibanez and Italia make nice hollowbody basses.
Or if you check ebay for a while, you might find a MIJ Fender semi acoustic Precision, if you want a Fender
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by Samzawadi
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-AGB200-Electric-SemiHollow-Bass-?sku=511837

I've only ever heard good reports of that one, and it's nicely within your price range.

However, I think it's going to be a situation where you have to try before you buy.

I have played that bass, And i liked it!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Ibanez Artcore are quite nice. If you want more info check out Boyce's (smb) UROTM or PM him. He has a AGB140 and can give you some insight.
Quote by sam_ofzo
Ibanez and Italia make nice hollowbody basses.
Or if you check ebay for a while, you might find a MIJ Fender semi acoustic Precision, if you want a Fender

Has anyone here tried an Italia?!? I have been drooling over the way they look and the features (like piezo pups and stereo jacks) included in them but don't have a clue what kind of quality they have.
I've tried out quite a few, they all played nicely and sounded great, they felt much more toy-like than other basses I've played though.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
ya those italias like hot ive never played one but damn they look nice any one ever played one
Quote by anarkee
Ibanez Artcore are quite nice. If you want more info check out Boyce's (smb) UROTM or PM him. He has a AGB140 and can give you some insight.

yeah i was looking at those Ibanez ones, figured I'd take a run up to GC one of these days and try one out.
I've got an AGB200. It was my first bass.

Got a really distinctive sound. Pretty bright, neck is thinish and short scale though not as fast as I'd like it to be. Also, it picks up and sustains every little sound you make, which gets annoying if you're not careful. Looks pretty. Seriously good looking bass. Uhh.. the input jack is a little.. fragile though, which sucks.

Try before you buy, as per usual.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by fatgoogle
ya those italias like hot ive never played one but damn they look nice any one ever played one

See my post just above yours for my opinion on them.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I've played those Italias. I was slightly disappointed - they feel really plasticy and inorganic and they don't really have the fat tone you'd hope for. I own an Ibanez AGB140 and I do highly recommend it. It sounds like a very resonant P bass with loads of mid-range. I pretty much always bypass my amps EQ when I'm playing it because it just sounds great as it is.

The only other semi-hollow bass I can think of at the minute that I've played would be the Spectorcores which don't really have the hollow vibe - they're more like solidbody basses but lighter.

Edit: I definitely agree with you Max - the Italias feel toy-like.