Today all of the sudden when I turn on my computer, my background is always changed to a blue screen that says "Warning, you have spyware on your computer" and I keep getting this one pop up but I have no idea what to do and I click no on it, I ran some scans with windows defender and deleted some crap but i hasn't stopped. Can anyone help?

This is the pop up thing I keep getting:

Lose windows defender. It's garbage. Get an anti spyware scanner (Ad-Aware recommended ), continue to click no.
Don't select yes on that popup btw, you will likely install more malware.
That thing = bad, don't click it!
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by ISuckAtBass92
Today all of the sudden when I turn on my computer, my background is always changed to a blue screen that says "Warning, you have spyware on your computer" and I keep getting this one pop up but I have no idea what to do and I click no on it, I ran some scans with windows defender and deleted some crap but i hasn't stopped. Can anyone help?

This is the pop up thing I keep getting:

Do not touch that, it probably added a bunch of spyware already to your computer. Get Windows Defender (it's free, why not), Spybot S&D, Lavasoft Ad-aware, and a good anti virus software (AVG makes good stuff). Those are all free...the best do cost money however.

There's also HijackThis, which should give you a log to post on these forums for really good techy people (I don't have the time, sorry) to analyze and pinpoint your problem. It's second to none in ID'ing and getting rid of the tough stuff.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at May 15, 2008,