2GB ram to 4GB ram...is that really such a big upgrade? (For a laptop)

Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.
I'm on the pavement, thinkin' 'bout the government.
A 32-bit operating system can access 2^32 bits ~ 4 gigabytes of memory. It is a big upgrade.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Depends what you'll be using it for. Anything RAM intensive you should notice a difference. For general **** like internet of microsoft office type ****, shouldn't make a significant difference.
i was on 1 gig then went up to 4 and it made a huge difference for games it was money well spent and well worth it if your on your pc/laptop alot
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by paranoideyes
wut??

you sir,
are epic.
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
It depends on your processor. If you have a 10-year-old CPU, all the RAM in the world isn't going to help you out.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Since when can you upgrade a laptop ? You getting a new one, or inserting the chips straight in ?
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
Quote by Beware!Criminal
It depends on your processor. If you have a 10-year-old CPU, all the RAM in the world isn't going to help you out.

Read my previous post.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by el toro DKiAB
Since when can you upgrade a laptop ? You getting a new one, or inserting the chips straight in ?

Ram modules...there's a bay for them and there are easy to remove and snap in. There's no chips involved with them.

And, to be honest, 2GB to 4GB won't make a big difference if you're using a normal 32 bit system, as 4GB is over the maximum Windows XP can access. Still, it can save battery life. If you don't have a dual core system already, or planning to get one in a year or so, don't get the RAM and instead save up for one, since that'll make the biggest difference in performance.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101