Page 1 of 2
If you guys didn't know, I have Cystic Fibrosis and I had a double lung transplant in 2002. I made a video about my experience here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQMPe3C1x4U

I've had a lot of problems since the transplant, but not this bad. In February I was diagnosed wtih Diabetes, and that has been hell. I have been in the hospital since January, and now I have pneumonia, pseudomonas, MRSA (antibiotic resistant staph infection), mono (my fault, manifested into a type of cancer. its not fatal ora nothing.. but its bad), and I also might have the measles or something. I also have avascaular necrosis in my knees and joints now. I just saw my doc and in the ER last night they gave me 500x the steroids I usually take. I only take 1mg a day for my transplant but they gave me 500 combined with tons of benadryl and it really messed me up. I have a lot wrong right now, but I'm trying my best to deal with it. Unfortunately, I haven't' been this depressed before It's really getting to me, its one thing after another. I got my PICC catheter out and it got infected. I just got a vicodin prescription for my knees (the avascular necrosis is depriving my joints of blood and it hurts), so i'm happy about that. I have my parents who love me dearly along with my perfect girlfriend, but lately I've been dressed. I'm a real awesome guitar player, and I haven't been able to play so long, and that is my only release. I haven't been able to kiss my girfriend in forever. It just seems like its never going to end. It feels like this is the end of me. It's been 6 years now and the problems are just gonna start, I know it. I also got diagnosed with Crohns.. my stomach is a ****ing mess. I had to drink 2 gallons of electrolytes in about 4-6 hours to clean out my system, I had to do that three times because they thought my intestines were clogged, but that wasnt the problem and it made me very sick.

I'm sorry for the long one paragraph post I'm really upset right now and I just need some support. Thank you UG.
Here is a video I made 5 minutes ago of whats goign on. I am home for the time being, but I have to go back. Please watch both videos.. thank you so much to all my buds at UG who care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3mJs0Ij10

Jesse

PS: I'm only 16... this is too much.

What's up with UG members slowly withering away?

Hang in there, buddy.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hopefully the transplant will take.

I'm sure you're well aware that without it you wouldn't live much past your 30's.

Medicine is improving all the time, I hope they can do something for your other problems eventually too.
pull through it man..i'd watch the vids but my inet is too slow, but regardless just keep ur head up..sounds like u;ve got a great family/GF........i know what mono is like,and its not much fun, i got a little depressed myself, but i cant imagine what ur going through...my head was a little messed when i got back to real life, i kinda had a fantasy going about this one girl, that i just got over...but it sounds like u've got a great GF already, so u dont have to worry about such a thing
anyways, stay strong man, best of luck..dont focus too much on the negatives, think about getting back into the swing of things and getting better.believe it, and it'll do wonders for you.keep your head up,
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Someone I know's sister has cystic fibrosis and she's in the hospital all the time for forgetting to take her medicine.

It must toally suck ass for you. Especially with the double whammy of diabetes Hope you get better.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Hopefully the transplant will take.

I'm sure you're well aware that without it you wouldn't live much past your 30's.

Medicine is improving all the time, I hope they can do something for your other problems eventually too.

I've already had the transplant, if thats what you're saying. And yeash I know, I had a few months to live but thankfully got the trasplant just in time.
Sorry man. All the luck to you.

Why is everyone getting sick...?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Wow. I'm sorry man.

You'll pull through this. Just keep pluckin' your geetar and stay positive.
Quote by heckyesB
You are realy stupid.

Just kill yourself now, nobody cares.

****ing tool........

Ha. I'd like to
thanks
That's really awful to hear. I wish the best of luck to you in fighting these god awful diseases.
Wow, all of UG is getting sick lately

You're only 16? That is terrible.... That's too much for anyone your age (or at any age) to be going through... Best of luck to you, and I hope you pull through. Hang in there dude.

Quote by heckyesB
You are realy stupid.

****ing tool........

they see me trollin, they hatin'
I know they all tryna ban me tyypin' dirrtay
Quote by heckyesB
You are realy stupid.

****ing tool........

Why don't we just kill you instead?

I'm sure everyone would like that MUCH better.
Dude you're much to young to have that burden placed upon you. I really have no life experience that relates to your situation to provide you with any significant advice or insight. You sound like a real trooper though and seem to have a good attitude overall. Use that to your advantage. You know you're going to go through some more hell before coming out on the other side of things. Just stay focused on the prize man and you'll get there before you know it.
And start playing sappy love songs. Chicks dig 'em.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by heckyesB
You are realy stupid.

****ing tool........

*reported*

Contribute to the thread. Don't flame.

Grow up.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by SilentDeftone
Well, let's all steal your avatar and sticky this thread then, since that seems to be procedure.

-SD

I love you.

Anyways sorry to hear that man.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by heckyesB
You are realy stupid.

****ing tool........

Reported
Fucking fool.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I wish you all the best, I simply hope that you can combat this, and that there is advancements for you and all the other people in the world that are suffering.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Slash42x
they gave me 500x the steroids I usually take.

Holy shit!
Last edited by rifftnstrings at May 15, 2008,
Quote by SilentDeftone
Well, let's all steal your avatar and sticky this thread then, since that seems to be procedure.

-SD

You're in a fine mood this evening.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
hey bro,
being 16 like you, i could never imagine going through something like this. I watched both the videos and i truly hope things start to turn around for you, you seem like a real good guy. And this might be irrelevant, but i would look into Jason becker, his condition is alot different than yours, but in my opinion his story is very inspirational.
anyways...hang tough man!
-Mike
My Gear
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez RG550
Fender Tele Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Lonestar
Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Quote by SilentDeftone
Stickying the other thread was ridiculous.

-SD

I love your avatar and your style.

To Slash42x:

It pains me to see stuff like that. All of this stuff just reminds me of how much of a spoiled selfish asshole I am.

You'll be a better person through all of this. I had a friend who lost his leg to cancer so I know that you and your parents and friends are being very brave through all of this. Pull through man.

Peace.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Stickying the other thread was ridiculous.

-SD

I didn't do it. I didn't ask for it to be done. I neither agree nor disagree with the stickiness. Don't really care either way. But your post I quoted made me giggle.
That is all.

Again good luck to you slash. Life gets better.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
dude.... wow. i have diabetes, and that blows pretty hard, but i cant imagine what its like to have cystic fibrosis plus all those other side-effects along with it. just stay strong, you're desire to live through all that inspires me with what i'm dealing with, and im sure it'll inspire others.
as hard as this sounds, just dont give up, if you do, then you're letting these diseases get the best of you and define you, instead being defined of your music and whatever else you have and/or are good at.
thats the one thing i've learned living w/ diabetes is that you can't let it get the best of you, then everything else you have seems like it doesn't matter, and the bad things overwhelm you and become all that consumes and defines you. (sorry if all that doesn't maek so much sense; it is a little disjointed. still, its helped me throughout the years. sorry 'bout the wall of text too i hope you feel better soon, you deserve it.)
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
This is very unfortunate. You are so young too. It's terrible that you have to go through this. I wish you the best and hope you pull through this ok.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
My cousin had Cystic Fibrosis and the doctors told her she wouldn't live past 18 and she end up hanging on and living a fairly proseperous life until her 40s. She always seemed to be happy and taking every moment life to it's full advantage. She was even married. I hope to add some encouragement for you, because I know it's a tough thing to go through physically and mentally. Best of luck, and don't give up. Hang in there, it sounds like you'll have lots of support from around you.
Just hang in there. I haven't been in that kind of shape, so I can only imagine what it's like, and I'm sure it's actually worse. I hope you get better.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
hang in there bro.

you'll make it through.

be tough.

btw, you rock cause you live in ARIZONA. +1
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
That really sucks, stay strong and positive. If you beat all your illnesses before you can do it again, believe in yourself and if this helps, I believe in you! Just like you said in your video, you will make a difference, you've got the potential!
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
It blows man, but hang in there.

You're Sixteen, and when you get over all this, you've got your whole life ahead of you.

From what I watched, You're easily one of the most hardy people I've ever seen, so you can do it again.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Wow... I just watched both of those videos. It's amazing how much you put up with when you were ten. I don't know if I could have handled all that. I'm not really sure what to say. Don't give up fighting this. After seeing that first video, I have the utmost confidence in you, that you'll be fine pretty soon. Good luck man, my prayers are with you!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Man, this really breaks my heart reading this. I hate HATE reading things like these. I really hope you get through all of this and wish you the best of luck in life!
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Page 1 of 2