i'm undecided on what to use ghs or ernie ball i seem to like them both but something about them both bug me at times and drs lately have been inconsistent what do yoyu guys think ?
I had Ghs before and didn't like them.
And I had Earnie Ball for abour 4,5 years untell switched to D'Addario
So out of the two i would say earnie ball
It's pure preference, man. I like GHS Nickel Rockers on my strat and Ernie Balls on my ES135. It's just about what agrees with your guitar the best.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ive noticed that ghs does not agree at all with my les paul for what ever reason my strat depends on which one oddly enough
i use GHS. i love them. they dont last very long, but i change strings every couple of weeks anyway because i play out every week
not a fan of the ghs.

i orgasm when i use elixers on my electrics
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

I started off 2 years ago with Ernie Balls, then I went to GHS Boomers, then to D'Addario (currently using). I would rank them as follows:

1: Ernie Ball
2: D'Addario
3: GHS Boomers
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Ernie Ball have to be the worst strings I've ever played. They sound like crap (I TRIED to like them), the don't last long (maybe a week), I broke them like crazy (never broken GHS Boomers), and they just feel ****ty.

GHS Boomers (10-52), however sound nice n' bright, they last me a LONG time, I have NEVER broken 'em, and they feel great .

Now that is an unbiased opinion .
Die to Me thats sounds like a very biased opinion but to each his own. EB strings > GHS strings by far. not even close on tone, feel, and durability...
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
I absolutely hate Ernie's. Ive tried using them many time on my LP and strat. Over 5 sets on each guitar!! When they hit the 4 week point the winding on one of the wound strings breaks.

GHS all the way.
I used to use Ernie Balls, but then one set died in 1 week. I was totally like WTF?! Now I use D'addario's and they are great. They last pretty long too!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
out of those two id go GHS, lasted ages for me.
Guitars

Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty
ESP LTD EX-400 LH
Vintage?? LH

Amp

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-BK