ive gotten offered deals for both of these models and i dont know which one to take...i will most likely be buying either one of these guitars never having been able to play it, but im sure ill love either one..i just cant pick...

i lean more toward the hellraiser because of the 85/81 instead of 60/81, but idk..

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
the ec1000 definitely. nice pickups and built very solidly. i highly recommend it. also the EMG's are good, you dont have to worry about it
Get the ec-1000. Wayyy better.....but then again im an ESP fan......and also I hate the neck on the hellraiser because I find it really thick whereas the Ec-1000 has a really nice and thinner neck.
Quote by ironman1478
the ec1000 definitely. nice pickups and built very solidly. i highly recommend it. also the EMG's are good, you dont have to worry about it

haha, that's whats making it so hard for me...these are both great guitars for what im playing with them

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by john{ND}{NGD}
Get the ec-1000. Wayyy better.....but then again im an ESP fan......and also I hate the neck on the hellraiser because I find it really thick whereas the Ec-1000 has a really nice and thinner neck.

hmm..i play a les paul right now..so how would that rank against the esp neck and the hellraiser in comparison? if the hellraiser, then i should be pretty use to a thick neck

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I would take the Ec-1000 myself, but seeing how you already have a Les Paul, the Hellraiser might be a better choice because it's a bit more different.

Plus, EVERYONE knows teh C1 Hellraiser is the best guitar EVAR! </sarcasm>
Well, the EC-1000 will have a slimmer, "faster" neck, and IMO they are of higher quality. Also, the 81/60 set is usually preferable to the 81/85 set, because it gives much better clean tones and is overall more versatile.

I would go for the EC-1000.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I would actually look at the Schecter Blackjack C-1 EX. I feel the duncan blackouts are a much better pickup than EMG's.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I actually like the EMG 60 MORE than the 85. It gives the pickup a much fuller tone but omg, it still absolutley ****in' screams. I mean I actually got pinch harmonics out of it on a Peavey XXX halfstack on the clean channel, I switched it over to chrunch or the channel with most distortion and it was insane. Then combo'ed with the 81 it was insane. Plus if you wanted to you can actually get a really nice clean tone on the 60 with the volume rolled down, on the 85 it's a bit harder.

Also, the LTD has a much thinner neck, and the schecter I've found to have a much thicker one and I didn't really like how the neck was cut away. It was comfortable, but the cutway was still so big because the neck is thick.

I'd go with the EC-1000. But then again I'm contemplating buying one lol
Quote by jcp42877
hmm..i play a les paul right now..so how would that rank against the esp neck and the hellraiser in comparison? if the hellraiser, then i should be pretty use to a thick neck

Well if you like the neck on the les paul that you are using now then you will probably like the neck on the Hellraiser because they are both pretty thick and similiar.

The EC has a thinner neck, which is what I like. It's all about personal preference tho. Try to find one of each and try them out though.
It looks like it may come down to the shape you want to buy.

They both seem very similar in quality etc, I chose a EC1000, but I can see the point of buying the Hellraiser, It's going to come down to your personal preference.

If you're looking for a more direct comparison, there are the other Delux LTD's like the MH100 and H1000.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Perturabo
It looks like it may come down to the shape you want to buy.

They both seem very similar in quality etc, I chose a EC1000, but I can see the point of buying the Hellraiser, It's going to come down to your personal preference.

If you're looking for a more direct comparison, there are the other Delux LTD's like the MH100 and H1000.

I love the MH series of guitar. I'm going to get the mh-1000 with no tremolo (I think that's it) when I get enough money.

Edit: Nvm the mh-400nt http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html
hellraiser
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
I love Schecter so much but my personal choice would be the EC.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Why would you want the Hellraiser over the EC-1000 for the pickups??? 60 > 85 any day imo.

Depends what you're going to be playing. I used to own an EC-1000 and though it's great for rhythm, upper-fret access isn't that great. If you play a lot of lead, go with the Hellraiser, if not, go with the EC-1000.

I though the Hellraiser came with an 81/89 combo now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Why would you want the Hellraiser over the EC-1000 for the pickups??? 60 > 85 any day imo.

Depends what you're going to be playing. I used to own an EC-1000 and though it's great for rhythm, upper-fret access isn't that great. If you play a lot of lead, go with the Hellraiser, if not, go with the EC-1000.

I though the Hellraiser came with an 81/89 combo now?

It does...the 08 models are coil tapped

I like what's his names opinion...hellraiser necks aren't as thick as Gibsons but they are thicker than say an Ibanez or ESP, but the hellraiser has a much easier access to higher frets...so, if you play more lead, go with the schecter, if you don't go with the LTD. You really can't go wrong with either.