I looked at the Ultimate Settings thread, and that didn't work, so don't link me there.

How can I get that great solo tone, I know he uses neck pickup, tone at zero, but what else could I get? Sustainer pedal is what I'm guessing, what about like, a chorus pedal?
alcino neck pick up, and a Vox ac 30
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Brian-May-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=512637

the guitar in this link, a vox ac30, a treble booster, foxx foot phaser, and alot more. and it's not just the neck pickup. his guitar has a bunch of different combinations that can be made. believe, i've tried to get it every way i can, and i've failed every time.

you might like that pedal, but i didn't think it was all that great
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
yeah the pedal is ok, not perfect, but it's probably the closest you can get without a decnet replication of his actual gear.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The confusing effects path is optional. All you really need is a decent vintage-style guitar, a treble booster, a delay, and an AC30-like amp. The digitech pedal is not so good. A good treble booster would get you closer to the sound for the price, assuming you have a passable tube amp.
I can get his tone almost perfectly with my Tele and Peavey tube amp.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
An AC-30 a treble booster a vox wah and a quarter or something like ie
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by the-patient
Get a new pick as well:

Ahh the old sixpence...you know he has those cast specially now because they don't make them anymore?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The key components you want are a dry tone with loads of midrange, medium gain and a touch of mild phasing he's got a really expressive sound and it's very immediate, he doesn't use much, if any, reverb.

If that top end fizz creeps in then you've got too much gain/distortion, you can actually get pretty close just with a stand-alone overdrive pedal and a phaser.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ahh the old sixpence...you know he has those cast specially now because they don't make them anymore?

Haha really? that's pretty neat actually. freaken' rock stars. if it were my i'd have my face put on it. kind of like pickle's nickels.
Quote by the-patient
Haha really? that's pretty neat actually. freaken' rock stars. if it were my i'd have my face put on it. kind of like pickle's nickels.

Well that's the rumor anyway; I know you get two replica coins with the Digitech Red Special pedal.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A cheaper alternative would be the V-Stack BHM Brian May pedal - sounds great, especially for the more modern brian may tone
I can get damn close using the neck pickup of my epi G400, through a ProCo Dirty rat for a hint of dirt, then through a Zoom G2 for a treble boost and some reverb/delay and finally into a Blackheart Little Giant Combo. Works quite well, and gets it close enough to use.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Impossible to do.

The guitar he uses is made from a 500 year old English fire place mantle.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION