I broke my first string about 5 minutes ago! Damnit. I was planning on playing all night too! .
I didnt break my first string till i bent my high e way too far and it snapped.

I had the factory strings on since i got it for christmas of '05.

EDIT: they broke in like, march.

Oh, and

It's a fender starcaster.
Last edited by HighPotency at May 15, 2008,
sucks man.
thats why you should always have an extra set of strings with you.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
you call your self a guitar player and you dont have any extra strings laying around........jk jk

its always good to have some laying around. depending on what brand strings you use you can usualy buy them in bulk. I know that EB does that. and buying in bulk might seem like a lot of money but you acualy save in the long run.
Yeah... Breaking strings sucks. Honestly though, in nearly 9.5 months of playing (give or take, I don't know for sure) I have broke only 1 string. It was on this little accoustic guitar I got in January of 2007. I tuned the Low E waaaaay up... Anyway, sorry bout your luck bro.
Quote by CraZyB0y
Yeah... Breaking strings sucks. Honestly though, in nearly 9.5 months of playing (give or take, I don't know for sure) I have broke only 1 string. It was on this little accoustic guitar I got in January of 2007. I tuned the Low E waaaaay up... Anyway, sorry bout your luck bro.

Wait,you broke your Low E?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
For some reason when i remove my old strings I keep them in case I need them

Sometimes in a pinch and if im out of strings I will repair a string that broke as long as there is enough string to go from bridge to back of guitar nut...I usually snip the loops of old strings and wind the broken string through the loop a few times with a pair of pliers a twist it up...i usually have the loop behind the nut however Im sure if you had to you cold do it at both ends...It works.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here