Alright, I've had the worst dandruff ever for about 2 years now. Lately, it's been worse than ever and I really would like to get rid of it. I have Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner (although, I didn't that 2 in 1 garbage, my dad just picked it up and thought it was regular shampoo). I've tried everything to get it out lately (I've tried using the shampoo 1 day, then just washing it without shampoo the next, giving my head a good solid rinse for 5 mins just to make sure I didn't put in too much shampoo, etc.). Does anyone know how to get rid of it (and if possible, something I can put in it overnight or something so I won't have it at least for tomorrow).
shave head
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Overnight? Highly doubt that will happen.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by bazz_aaron
shave head

And let all the skin flakes show? Also, to whoever recommended Selsun Blue, it didn't work too well either. The regular Head and Shoulders shampoo worked better, but it was no miracle worker either.

EDIT: And to the poster above me, I doubt it either. But you never know.
do you have actual dandruff or just a lot of dead skin on your scalp?

but I can't help you since the 2 in 1 head & shoulders stuff is what worked for me.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Get medical strength shampoo.

The active ingredient of head and shoulders is selenium, You can buy high concentration selenium based shampoos from a chemist.

Strangely the reason I know this is not because I had bad dandruff but because I had a fungal infection on my arm that needed high selenium to kill it off and the doctor prescribed the shampoo because it was the cheapest/easiest treatment.
ask your doctor
or a dermatologist
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by Its_Rock77
do you have actual dandruff or just a lot of dead skin on your scalp?

but I can't help you since the 2 in 1 head & shoulders stuff is what worked for me.

Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that when I shake my head, it looks like it is snowing, and in school when I wear a blue shirt, you can see all the dandruff on the back of my shirt and collar.

EDIT: And to the people who tell me to go to a doctor, I won't be able to do that for a while because my parents will never bring me to the doctor's office unless I break a bone. I had to wait a month before I could go to get rid of my ringworm.

DOUBLE EDIT: To the guy who said the 2 in 1 worked for him, are you supposed to leave it in your hair for a little while before you rinse it? Because I hear that's what you are supposed to do with conditioner.
Last edited by Dilweed at May 16, 2008,
Quote by Dilweed
Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that when I shake my head, it looks like it is snowing, and in school when I wear a white shirt, you can see all the dandruff on the back of my shirt and collar.

nastttyyyyy.

but yeah head and shoulders worked for me.

DOUBLE EDIT: To the guy who said the 2 in 1 worked for him, are you supposed to leave it in your hair for a little while before you rinse it? Because I hear that's what you are supposed to do with conditioner.

yeah put some shampoo and give massage your head for 10 minutes then rinse.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Dilweed
Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that when I shake my head, it looks like it is snowing, and in school when I wear a white shirt, you can see all the dandruff on the back of my shirt and collar.

Um, you have a problem. Dandruff is generally white causing it not to show up on white stuff.
you dont have to go to the doctor
you can call a pharmacist and ask them what they recommend and tell them what youve tried
they will have something for you i guarantee it
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Definitely call a pharmacist.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Get several kinds of dandruff shampoos and alternate them occasionally you don't need anything special.
Put tea tree oil in your shampoo. It get rid of the dandruff and the itching.
Quote by Wintersun
Put tea tree oil in your shampoo. It get rid of the dandruff and the itching.

Tea tree oil? Where do I go about getting this?
It could be that the shampoo you are using is irritating your scalp. Get a special shampoo imo.
Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Get medical strength shampoo.

The active ingredient of head and shoulders is selenium, You can buy high concentration selenium based shampoos from a chemist.

Strangely the reason I know this is not because I had bad dandruff but because I had a fungal infection on my arm that needed high selenium to kill it off and the doctor prescribed the shampoo because it was the cheapest/easiest treatment.

Are you sure? I'm almost certain it's pyrithione zinc.
You should get prescription shampoo though, it's must better than stuff you can just buy at the store.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Dilweed
Tea tree oil? Where do I go about getting this?

Do you have longer hair, or a lot of hair? Because I've noticed that when my hair is fairly long that I have dandruff, but when it is short I have none, I think this is mainly because you can clean your scalp better if you have shorter hair.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Neutrogena T-Gel

It probably won't fix it but damn it helps a ton. But stuff is expensive (6 bucks a bottle)

The Walmart generic is like 3 dollars and just as good. But yeah I usually put it in my hair, let it sit for as long as it takes me to wash my body then rinse it out and do the rest of my hair stuff. Btw, the stuff smells like chemicals because it's main ingredient is coal tar.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Do you have longer hair, or a lot of hair? Because I've noticed that when my hair is fairly long that I have dandruff, but when it is short I have none, I think this is mainly because you can clean your scalp better if you have shorter hair.

Yeah, I mean, it's about as long as my eyebrows and thick. I've always had the same hair pretty much since I was in 1st grade. And to the poster above me, I'll pass on using it if it has coal tar in it. That just sounds degrading, but if there is a sample bottle of it that I can get for free some how, I'd probably be glad to try it, but not pay $6 for it.
see a dermatologist,

It's probably not dandruff, it'll be sebhorric(sp) dermatitis

It effects like 2% of the human population, i infact have it, it's incurable but very easy to manage (like herpies), but you can only get medicine for it via a doctor (like herpies)

Come to think of it, it's very much like herpies...but on your head lol

What an awesome thing to have...