Dear fine, cigar-smoking gentlemen of UG, I come to you with an assortment of questions.

See, my graduation party is scheduled for the 25th of this month, and I wish to buy a box of cigars for the occasion. I'm asking your opinion on some inexpensive cigars with a mild flavor which would be a good choice for the party.

I'm not asking for things like "Swishers, Phillies, or Black and Milds." Actual cigars.

Thanks in advance,
Joshua
Quote by foob85
Illegally import them from Cuba.

Seconded
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Quote by foob85
Illegally import them from Cuba.

COHIBA
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Only experience I have with cigars would be listening to "Have a Cigar" by Pink Floyd.

I hope this helps.
When I finished my honours exams on Wednesday some guys celebrated with Henry Wintermans. I had a puff and thought they were rank though
get Dominican Republic cigars, they use the same process as Cuba and it's actually legal
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
my buddy brought back monte cristos from cuba a couple years ago
they were pretty good as far as i know
dont know how much though
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
get Dominican Republic cigars, they use the same process as Cuba and it's actually legal

No they suck I bought some and threw them out/sold them to stupid kids for a buck

not worth it, they stink and taste terrible

don't be cheap, go all the way!
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
dude I was wondering the same thing a little while back, when I turned 18 I wanted to get a really nice cigar and asked the lady at the tobacco store, but the most expensive thing they had was like 5 bucks..... so I got that... it tasted ****ty
Most of the ones I smoke are full flavored. But, Onyx Reserve are cheap and rated 90 by cigaraficianado.com. They're pretty damn good for a relatively inexpensive (less than $5 a stick) smoke. Arturo Fuente #5's (5 just means the factory it was made in) are also good, but a little more expensive at around $7-8 bucks a pop.

Quote by Kaervek
No they suck I bought some and threw them out/sold them to stupid kids for a buck

not worth it, they stink and taste terrible

don't be cheap, go all the way!

Sure, the ones you had might have sucked, but 'Cuban' cigars really aren't the 'worlds' best anymore. I'm sure they still make some great ones. They were the best, but the embargo caused all the masters, growers and rollers to leave the country and ply their trade elsewhere. Hell, Tatuaje is made here in the US and is one of the better smokes out there for the price. If you don't care much about price, almost ANY Gurkha cigar is fantastic.
Last edited by FEDS-91 at May 16, 2008,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
dude I was wondering the same thing a little while back, when I turned 18 I wanted to get a really nice cigar and asked the lady at the tobacco store, but the most expensive thing they had was like 5 bucks..... so I got that... it tasted ****ty

Probably too strong for your tastes. I'm looking for something mild, and I'm on a BUDGET. Which is why I don't want to spend any more than $50 or so on the box if at all possible.

Edit: FEDS-91, thank you. I'll look into them.
Last edited by ColdNovembeRain at May 16, 2008,
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Probably too strong for your tastes. I'm looking for something mild, and I'm on a BUDGET. Which is why I don't want to spend any more than $50 or so on the box if at all possible.

Edit: FEDS-91, thank you. I'll look into them.

Check www.cigarsinternational.com. Generally where I get mine, if I don't do the local smoke shops.

And I added slightly more to my post above yours.
Quote by FEDS-91
If you don't care much about price, almost ANY Gurkha cigar is fantastic.

Gurkha cigars do kick ass. Realistically they're probably the best you can get
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
I'm limited to the local smoke shop, which is realistically a gas station with a humidor. I guess it's a "cigarette outlet" too. But, the point is that I have no credit card or paypal account, so I'm limited to offline sales.

Unless someone wants to donate, that is

Any Cuban UGers?
i like CAO's. Not too expensive, and its about the only thing ill smoke anymore (not that i do a whole lot anyways...)

But you're not going to have a whole lot of options if you only want to spend $50 for a box. Maybe 80 or 90, but not for 50...

Post- Acids are good too, my buddy here loves the blondies. Both CAO and acid are outside your price range though.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Kaervek
Gurkha cigars do kick ass. Realistically they're probably the best you can get

Wouldn't quite go that far. There are some that are in the ridiculous price range over $800 for one smoke. I've never had, nor do I expect to have one. But, for that price, not only should that cigar smell, taste and smoke sweeter than candy in a strippers pretty pristine beaver, but that thing better blow me, make me a sandwich and wash my car all that the same f**king time. But for the money...yes, Gurkha's are awesome.
Quote by FEDS-91
There are some that are in the ridiculous price range over $800 for one smoke. I've never had, nor do I expect to have one. But, for that price, not only should that cigar smell, taste and smoke sweeter than candy in a strippers pretty pristine beaver, but that thing better blow me, make me a sandwich and wash my car all that the same f**king time. But for the money...yes, Gurkha's are awesome.

Yeah... that's why I said realistically... I'm a man of luxury but I would never buy an $800 cigar. Think about it: you could give a hopeless teenager his first car for that much... heh.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875