So I've got around $500

Originally I was going to get a Fender MIM sunburst tele ohhhh yea new for $490

but I think I've decided to buy a new amp, use my squier and save any extra cash towards the tele later.

Problem is I dont even know what amp, I've been looking at the ad30vt seems pretty good.

So I need some advice. What's a good amp for playing mainly radiohead? Or a good modelling amp, that comes close to ac30?
So, you want something close to an AC30...

Maybe a Peavey Delta Blues, or other amp with EL84's.
Which luckily, there are quite a few el84 amps in your price range
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You can get a Fender Deluxe 85 amp (which Greenwood uses) for around $200-250.
Peavey classic 30. It costs $600 new, but you could find it used for $500.
I just found a peavy 30 for $350 used. Hopefully it isnt sold yet. I'm still not a 100% on this amp. Is it better than the ad50vt?
^ Yes, very much so. You're much better off with the Peavey than that Vox modeling pos.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Somebody mentioned this before in another thread, how come some peavey classics look different from others with the "dip"?

Quote by deiden26
With the peavey classic 30 i have seen pictures where part of the body dips over the mush where the speaker is and i have also seen it (mostly when it is second hand) where the body doesn't dip over the mesh what it the deal with that?

dip: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

no dip: http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Peavey-classic-30-amplifier
It all depends on when they were made.
I think they switched over to the new chassis design in 04 or 05.
Mine is the old style, and it's made in 2004.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ok well the guy is willing to sell me the classic 30. This is going to be the first tube amp I've owned so I don't know much about replacing tubes or when it even needs replacing. When I go check it out what should I check for/ask? Also if it needs new tubes is it still a good deal and what tubes should I get to get that radiohead ac30 clean.
he wants $350. He lives pretty damn far so going all the way there is a hassle, I just want to know this is for sure a really good deal for the kind of sound I want.
anywhere i can find that pedal around toronto? Would is sound good through the classic 30?
Somebody told me to look into fenders for a good clean base for effects to get the radiohead sound. I found a fender deluxe 90 dsp for $220. Better or worse?
Quote by Mushroom123
Somebody told me to look into fenders for a good clean base for effects to get the radiohead sound. I found a fender deluxe 90 dsp for $220. Better or worse?

That's not what they meant. They meant a Fender tube amp like a Hot Rod or something. Even they go for $400 or so.

I'd jump all over that $350 Delta Blues. That's one of my favorite amps. I think it would work pretty sweetly for your Radiohead, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well if you want his clean sound then yeah the peavy classic, delta blues, etc ... all great ...

his distortion is solidstate though and a lot harsher and more digital than a tube amp will give... he makes it work, however this is a very hard tone to tame because solidstate feedback is a bitch and not everyone has his completely digital signal line (whammy, shredmeister, etc) going on.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
does he run a completely digital signal? like analog out from the gat, then digital through the rest of the chain?
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
i saw an 85 on craigslist for $350. i need more versatility in my tone, but greenwood FTW!!! i love that guy
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by clap_clap_clap
does he run a completely digital signal? like analog out from the gat, then digital through the rest of the chain?

for his distortion pretty much yeah... but his signal chain pretty much goes guitar-occasionally with xy/kaoss pad-marshall shredmeister-whammy-fender deluxe 85. i cant say for certain that that the order but thats definitely what he uses.

for his ac 30 obviously that is not digital beign that its tube.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
shredmasters aren't digital. I think some people here are confusing digital and solid state.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
AC30, it's the amp he uses. Save your money up, it's an AMAZING amp.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I live in Canada and everything off ebay after shipping and customs costs the same as in store lol.

I found a fender stage 112se for $250. vs the deluxe 90 which is better?
i was always under the impression that greenwood uses an AC30 AND the deulxe 85. but truly, if it hasnt been blatantly said yet, greenwood makes the deluxe 85 sound good, but its not ideal for what the rest of us play when we're not playing radiohead. im sure its a decent amp, but you'd be much better off with an AC30 or one of the Traynors.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Yea I was thinking how he made it sound good, it could be modded or ran stereo or something.
i think he just hits things and beautiful terrible noises come out
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery