Hey people. I know there are quite a few thread for Peavey Valvekings, but Im not finding the info I am looking for. Basically, there is a delay when switching between Clean and distortion with the Valveking footswitch. Does anyone know how to fix this(footswitch mod etc)? Its a small problem, but an annoying one at that. Thank you very much UG Community!!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
If i remember correctly its way the switch latches or something in the wiring. It doesnt set into place until you release your foot so it causes a split second of delay. You will need to find the reverse to that which engages right when you push it. If i remember correctly alot of people were using the boss switches to over come this. BOSS FS-6 to be exact. I honestly would go that route..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 16, 2008,
This might help too:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855966&highlight=footswitch+problem

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842640&page=1&pp=20&highlight=valveking+switch

at least it maybe provides some more insite. i don't think it is Valveking related but there are two types of footswitches basically and yes the Boss channel switcher would prolly work.

GB&C seemed to have more info. i Searched on:

Valveking footswitch and Footswitch problems

good luck

;
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If i remember correctly its way the switch latches or something in the wiring. It doesnt set into place until you release your foot so it causes a split second of delay. You will need to find the reverse to that which engages right when you push it. If i remember correctly alot of people were using the boss switches to over come this. BOSS FS-6 to be exact. I honestly would go that route..

This is not the case with the documented delay with some footswitches on the VK. It's a true switching delay.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance