My guitar center had a used Gibson Explorer in classic white with seymour duncans. They had it priced at 900.0 plus all your taxes(gotta fund the war) and I go in last night a half hour before closing and ask the salesman if I can check it out, Its in ok condition, So i asked If he'd take 750 for it(I knew that was a crazy asking price but it's my strategy to try and get them to meet me in the middle. He says hes not sure so he goes to his computer and I'm almost positive it was to see his commision on that so he comes back and says no that it's already on clearence and that price was the lowest he could take. I just said ok and left. Come back this afternoon and this salesman and another is there. So I ask the other salesman to take the guitar down for me to look it over again. I ask if it comes with a case and they have the original one he said. I then asked him if there was any type of deal he could give me on it. He goes well it's on clearnce so thats supposed to be our lowest price but I can throw in the case for free and I go they come with a case for free so why would i pay for one so he asks if theres anything else I need he could throw in. I said no and that I'd come back when i had the full money. He then asks if I wanna put it o layaway and I looked at it lustfully and just said no that i'd wait. he took this look as I saw something wrong with the guitar and wasn't gonna come back so he said let me ask my sales manager if we can cut you a deal. They did 800+taxes for the explorer strap and strap locks. All infront of the other salesman who looked a little steamed I didn't comeback to him. He decided he wouldn't cut me any type of deal so I decided never to buy from him again(I've dealt with him in the past, same guy who wouldn't give me any type of deal on a mustang so i bought from another salesman)
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
You could have used that money to buy a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, but no, you bought a Gibson. Way to go.
Quote by FireandFlames
The Scottsdale one > the Tempe one

also, $800 would have been better spent on a C-1 Classic.

This^ The only c guy who was remotly helpful at the tempe one was the guy who was hanging out in the drums.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
that sales man got half, i know this cause i worked at gc and thats a policy they have. you talked to him first so they split it for sure. we did this all the time
Quote by FireandFlames
The Scottsdale one > the Tempe one

also, $800 would have been better spent on a C-1 Classic.

dont those have EMGs in them? i cant stand EMGs.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by CowboyUp
You could have used that money to buy a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, but no, you bought a Gibson. Way to go.

Well I'd feel slightly better if he got himself a Gibson SG or something...but an explorer :[

Oh well, it's not like I bought it.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Man, you totally owned him.. He just got half of the commission on a guitar he didn't even have to sell you.

he'll get you next time i'm sure.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Sorry for the crappy thread, had to get it out to someone. Also about the punctuation, was kinda over excited. My girlfriend was just mad that I came home with another guitar and she could care less about it. All i had was the pit...

I didn't know he got half the commission, probably pissed the other salesman off when he found out. oh well. I don't enjoy shopping at guitar center much but only used explorer I could find in the area.

Yeah I agree totally the tempe store is not as good as the scottsdale store. I've experienced much less random shredding with fully cranked volume in the scottsdale store. Nothing against shredding, I always end up forgetting what I'm shopping for and watching someone play but the other day was terrible in the Tempe store looking for a small tube amp but it was pointless as I couldn't even hear myself think.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
o i c
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
I thought about that... but thankfully I don't deal much with that store. Mainly Phoenix store as it's by school or the Scottsdale store cuz i think it's probably the best one in the whole metro area.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
I really like the look, feel and tone but it desperatly needs to be set up. But yea, to each their own.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Quote by CowboyUp

god
you rule
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
I know... I just kinda had my feathers in a ruffle cuz I've reapeatedly have to go back and buy from other people. I just wanted to give the monies for the guitar but it wasn't happening.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Ha, exactly! Should make me even more mad that I had to go through some small trouble to get it out the door.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Quote by p o e
dont those have EMGs in them? i cant stand EMGs.

Nope, a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo
Quote by pinksalmon
*Superwalloftext*

There's someone I'd like you to meet...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

EDIT: Meh, beaten to it.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
I didn't really get anything out of that texted wall. So, you talked to one salesman, then talked to another, did you buy a guitar or not?