To putting these dam trim rings and springs on? I have changed I think 5 sets of pick ups and still havnt found a good way. At first I only cursed softly now I'm starting to lose my cool. Is there something I'm missing?
You do realize you put the springs and height adjustment screws on
before you mount the ring onto the guitar, right?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yea I got that part , its trying to compress the spring and starting the screw. One thing though is Im getting real good at finding the flung spring on carpet. One is still on the loose somewhere.
I hate to say, but i've never had trouble with this...

Push the screw through the hole,
Feed the spring on,
Line the pickup screw hole up with the spring, whilst holding beneath the metal tab,
Apply pressure to the tab, to compress the spring, and the screw should locate itself,
Screw a few turns.
Quote by -MintSauce-
I hate to say, but i've never had trouble with this...

Push the screw through the hole,
Feed the spring on,
Line the pickup screw hole up with the spring, whilst holding beneath the metal tab,
Apply pressure to the tab, to compress the spring, and the screw should locate itself,
Screw a few turns.

Exactly! Perhaps somebody doesn't have opposable thumbs?

You mean to tell me you havent struggled with them? I would think if you can play one with the thumbs you have, you should be able to work on it. Here Chim Chim, you try it.
Quote by tymatt67
You mean to tell me you havent struggled with them? I would think if you can play one with the thumbs you have, you should be able to work on it. Here Chim Chim, you try it.

In English?
i never had a problem with it either. unless you're using like 4 inch springs or something, it should be able to thread them right through. make sure you're using the right size screw, perhaps you made a mistake and the screw is too large for the threaded hole on the HB. just suggestion. because then, no matter how much you turn the damn thing, it wont go in.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Sometimes I take one of those little heat clamps you use for soldering (an alligator clamp would work well too), and compress the spring and clamp it, then screw the pickup on a little and let the spring expand.

I hope that made sense.
Quote by tymatt67

once. when i first changed a pickup now I do them very quickly.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x