I'm thinking about upgrading everything on my MIM strat. I like to be able to play a lot of different styles of music so I'm thinking of switching to a HSS setup. I'm just wondering what kinds of HSS setups people have run and how they liked them. I was looking at running one of these pickups for the bridge
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHR1-Hot-Rail-Stacked-Single-Coil-Pickup?sku=300300
so i can keep the typical strat design without getting a fat strat look. Then I was thinking of just using fender noiseless pickups for the neck and middle. Not sure how this setup would workout, just looking for some insight from others on my plan.
Quote by Vol=11
you cant really make an HSS setup with three single coils...

that one i posted is a humbucker that is supposed to fit in place of a single coil.
Quote by jarryd2018
that one i posted is a humbucker that is supposed to fit in place of a single coil.

If you want a humbucker then get a real humbucker. The size and shape of a pickup has a huge effect on tone. Single coil sized humbuckers sound very compressed and have lots of treble. Kind of the tonal opposite of a real humbucker.
Not taking any online orders.