Im starting an open mic cafe/chill out place. And money's a bitch, any sugestions for a rock set up, preforming quality with money in mind?

I came up with a B-52 half stack, with a GNX 3000.
The GNX is more for recording...it's a great piece and can be used live, but it's a pain in the arse to program. I'd suggest something simpler like the Boss ME-50 or thereabouts.

This is a good choice if you want to spend a little more...it's not digital.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at May 16, 2008,
Quote by zZMattMasterZz
Im starting an open mic cafe/chill out place. And money's a bitch, any sugestions for a rock set up, preforming quality with money in mind?

o_O
go the church route, floor pods and an excellent PA system
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
^ We don't have those at the church I play guitar for .

But we do have a 50 watt Traynor valve combo .
Quote by zZMattMasterZz

How big is the place? You're not going to need a half stack of any description unless the place is downright cavernous. Also if you're on a budget why bother with the FX board, anyone who comes to play can bring their own if then need them...a PA is far more important for amplifying vocals.

A single speaker tube combo is going to be plenty loud enough, if it's not loud enough then you can mic it up through that PA you're going to buy. Even a Roland Cube 60 would be good enough, but if you want something witha bit more credibility then just get a Peavey Valveking.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

If anything the PA is even more important than the amp - most guitarists have their own amps they can bring, if you get regulars then chances are they'll be happy to keep their amps there and let you use them in exchange for some rehearsal time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree, a halfstack isn't necessary. It will turn a "chill-out" place into a place where your hearing will be damaged.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments