Page 1 of 2
Ive done it... i can see how people pull it off, youre much more relaxed (atleast me anyways) and your reactions are slower so it makes sense ... somewhat.
with booze anyway there's a very very small sweet spot where your sedated enough where your relaxed but still have your faculties. any more than a light buzz you get a'lil clumbsy
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by thegreenmile
i simply cant do it. my hands turn to jelly,

For me it was different. I was still shredding, but the more i did, It made me like fly out of this world.
you should record yourself while you are drink

I bet you thought you was playing more rhythmically
^This, just because you think you're playing rythmically, you're probably doing it wrong (playing with your face or something)
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
I remember a few years back before I quit smoking erm "cigarettes", that I thought I played really well after a "cigarette" or two. I recorded myself once and listened back to it the next day. It was so bad it wasn't funny. Lol my mates thought so though.
Quote by TenSteel
I remember a few years back before I quit smoking erm "cigarettes", that I thought I played really well after a "cigarette" or two. I recorded myself once and listened back to it the next day. It was so bad it wasn't funny. Lol my mates thought so though.

^booya
i think im better at other things while drunk(dont smoke) though i never dare record myself
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I have yet to be able to play worth a crap when Im drunk, but for some reason I can write a song....just about everyweek now it seems, i come home from the bar, and while Im showering...a song just starts playing in my head. so I have to hurry up and get it written down.....if only there were some sort of waterproof writing i could do in the shower wall or something...lol
Nobody does, people just think they do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm so awful being stoned makes the level of suck fall 10%.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Lol....

This just reminds me of a party we had a while ago...and i was completely wasted on the floor (can't even remember this happening...i was told this in morning)

anyway, my friends were llike
''c'mon man, let's go to your room...you should really go to sleep now.''
-''No way guys...I'm still good and fit to rave on'' (not that i couldn't stand up anymore... )
Hmmm, at first I thought you were talking about the song "Under the Influence" by Rusty Cooley. Well I have never play under the influence, but I think if I did it then I would play realy slopy and with extremely weird time signatures.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Nope, you only think you play better. That's why I quit getting loaded before I go onstage, booze or weed, it makes me play sloppy. If you think otherwise, record yourself and listen to it the next day sober.

I've seen so many other people get wasted onstage and make the entire band look bad I won't stay with a band if even one member insists on getting drunk or stoned at rehearsals or onstage, it only leads to problems.

Play now, party later. Otherwise I'm gone.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
lol, to me, playing while stoned/drunk/whatever does sound like the best thing ever...but...not so much to sober people that are listening lol
I smoke and play all of the time. It makes no difference. But when i drink, like mentioned before. There is a sweet spot to hit, but i normally go past that spot and then **** gets real.
Well, when I drink I get really sloppy.

When I get high... uhm, I can play and it's actually the most fun; I find some techniques easier to do, even...dunno why that is.

When I'm on shrooms... Oh Christ, don't even go there. Few days ago I did 'em, and the guitar's body and headstock were moving around, and the frets were stretching and shrinking constantly. It was impossible.

So yeah, I find I can play the best sober, obviously, but being high and playing is real fun too.
2 or 3 beers, yeah im more relaxed and stuff just flows out. Any more that that and it takes me about 10 seconds to play a G chord........and it still comes out wrong. My hand simply do not work!
I can't play worth sh!t while drunk. I sound like a mentally retarded monkey who has been given a guitar. But while high I play with about the same skill but more creative.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
It turns out I played more through my Br600 when i got home, and I recorded it. Its actually really cleanly played. But the timing is very odd. I like it. But the feeling I liked even more. I never got this hallucinating feel, until i did it while playing guitar.
im so much more into it after a few nice bowls of... erm tobacco i recorded a jam session a few nights ago and it spawned the basis of 3 songs for the band im in that are now shaping up very nicely
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
most important thing when playing high: do it a lot.

your first time isnt going to be the best...but once u are used to it, you can shred and play better than normal, and i even make a lot less mistakes as it relaxes me even further.

so fun to have jams and toke up haha...
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
most important thing when playing high: do it a lot.

your first time isnt going to be the best...but once u are used to it, you can shred and play better than normal, and i even make a lot less mistakes as it relaxes me even further.

so fun to have jams and toke up haha...

LISTEN TO THE MAN!
You don't play any better most likely. It just sounds better... to your ears.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Although you may have thought it sounded good, in reality you probably sounded like a U-boat crashing into a piano factory.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by TenSteel

Cigarettes meaning dicks, right? j/k :p

Yeah, a couple joints or a beer or two always make me love my playing. Too much alcohol makes it impossible to do ANYTHING, and playing on coke is just :|
Last edited by kthxbi at May 16, 2008,
Haha me and my bro were drinking. i had about 17 and we just sat down pick up our guitars and started playing.

apparently i turned on my amp and started playing, never even bothered to plug the guitar in to the damn amp.
Oh and they said while i was playing I was messing with the tone and volume knobs, lol
Quote by ItalysFinest429
Haha me and my bro were drinking. i had about 17 and we just sat down pick up our guitars and started playing.

apparently i turned on my amp and started playing, never even bothered to plug the guitar in to the damn amp.
Oh and they said while i was playing I was messing with the tone and volume knobs, lol

lol

my best is when im sober.. way lost in the moment, beyond all time

its pure ecstasy, feels like a cool current is glowing inside my entire body

and i play flawless.. wish i knew how to do this all the time/could control it
My dad said that if you're high on stage you will think too much and be worried about everthing, like "do I have enough bass?" and those kinds of things.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by piecies_81
I have yet to be able to play worth a crap when Im drunk, but for some reason I can write a song....just about everyweek now it seems, i come home from the bar, and while Im showering...a song just starts playing in my head. so I have to hurry up and get it written down.....if only there were some sort of waterproof writing i could do in the shower wall or something...lol

This is somewhat off-topic, but there are several "waterproof" writing techniques that you might want to take a look at:

http://www.a1scubagear.com/writing-slates-c-500442.html
http://www.weatherwriter.co.uk/
http://www.captainsnautical.com/dept.asp?d_id=258&l1=258
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Playing drunk and stoned are both skills that you can improve. I would usually jam with buddies when I was hammered and at first it was pretty bad, but after continual practice I got to the point where it was pretty much on par with sober playing.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
I go completely tone deaf after a few drinks. I seem to sound awesome no matter what key I'm soloing in over any chords but that's probably just the drinks. I really enjoyed it though.
Are you playing stoner rock/sludge/drone/some kinds of doom metal or variations there-of? You may be playing better. Nine out ten people I see playing on drugs play badly. The ones who play good while on drugs are usually addicts.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
When under the influence of alcohol, I tend to play very loud (and sloppily) and not realize it. It feels like I'm playing really well, while in reality, it's completely terrible. I've come to realize the latter after talking to friends about my playing the next day.

On the other hand, if I'm high (like right now, forgive my lack of ..coherence (it's taken me 5 minutes to type this parenthetic note)), I concentrate a TON more on playing (but am oblivious to my surroundings) and am a lot more creative. Everything around me is "tuned out" and it feels like myself and my instrument are disconnected from reality. I can simply "feel" the music a lot more than I usually can...I could talk about playing high for a long time. TL;DR: playing guitar after smoking tree is amazing.

I've also played after ingesting shrooms(around a week ago or so). It's a lot like playing stoned, except more intense. It's insane to play notes and just listen to every sound that the respective note is made of..music is beautiful.

**** I'm high.
I play more rhythmically under the influnce of the rhythm, mon!

EDIT: I've tried to play a 3/4 sized guitar when drunk, and it really didn't work. Whether it was the short scale or the amount of vodka in my bloodstreem, I'll never know.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Hultan
My dad said that if you're high on stage you will think too much and be worried about everthing, like "do I have enough bass?" and those kinds of things.

When i'm high i stop worrying about things like that

I've recorded myself playing with a band when we were all stoned and it sounded just as good as I remembered

Now playing on lsd was a different story, I decided listening to music is better then playing it on acid

I don't drink so I can't talk about playing drunk
Quote by cruc1a7
you should record yourself while you are drink

I bet you thought you was playing more rhythmically

That's what I was thinking.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Page 1 of 2